Philla. cream cheese not as smooth as before?
  Re: (...)
Lately, I've noticed that Philadelphia brand cream cheese is not as creamy smooth as it once was. At first, I wrote it off as one of the hazards of the importation process of getting it here in the first place, but when a couple other, equally imported brands have been available, I've found them to be more like what I used to expect from Phila.

On top of that, my mother - who is in the U.S. - recently commented that the Phila. cream cheese that she had gotten was grainy. That is also how I would describe what I had encountered.

What I would say is that it now has very, very, very, very fine grains, instead of the super, super smoothness that it used to have.

Have any of you noticed the same thing?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Philla. cream cheese not as smooth as before? by labradors (Lately, I've noticed...)
I haven't noticed, but the last cream cheese I bought was months ago from Cash & Carry (Restaurant Supply) - so don't know if anything would be different in that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Philla. cream cheese not as smooth as before? by cjs (I haven't noticed, b...)
I have noticed a change! When we were camping my cream cheese would not soften as much when left at room temp. I had a heck of a time getting it to incorporate into a recipe I was using.

I wonder what's up. I have not noticed grainy consistency however.