Baking Tip - From Surprise......
  Re: (...)
Me giving baking tips???? Geez.

I made sourdough focaccia this morning and I have two tips to pass along AND if anyone already does them, I'm taking your C@H stinkin' badge away for not telling.

The norm is to rub the b. pan with olive oil for focaccia dough for a nice crispy crust - but, a lot of times the bread sticks and annoys me.

A K.A tip - spray the pan with cooking spray first, then drizzle the olive oil over, then spread the dough. DUH.

2nd - and this is mine. We both love the crusty edges which form on focaccia, but I don't really like them when trying to make sandwichs with it. So, I cut about 1 1/2" strip off all four sides of each bread. And, now we have great sourdough focaccia bread sticks and each pan made 4 very nice sized rectangles for sandwiches!!

[Image: July24KAFFocaccia_zps9bc4b966.jpg]

[Image: July24Focacciaedges_zpsf3c5cfc4.jpg]

[Image: July24SausageampPeperonataPasta_zps66d36a38.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by cjs (Me giving baking tip...)
Great tips. Copied and saved!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by Mare749 (Great tips. Copied a...)
(you get to keep your badge... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by cjs ((you get to keep you...)
Love the breadstick idea. I've never had problems with the bread sticking to the pans. I just put the olive oil in, use my fingers to cover the pan, put the bread in and use the same oily fingers to spread the dough and make the dimples.
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by Cubangirl (Love the breadstick ...)
I think it depends on the pan and the condition of it more than anything.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by cjs (I think it depends o...)
Jean, Sourdough focaccia....OMG it looks and sounds delicious! I'm not baking this summer 'cuz I really need to lose a few, but your sourdough adventures are making it hard.
I'm tempted to do some baking with my Dad's sourdough when we visit the weekend after Labor Day. He's had his starter going since before I was born, and he makes the absolute best sourdough pancakes I have ever tasted! Do you have any recipes that you'd be willing to share?
  Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by cjs (Me giving baking tip...)
Great tips Jean! Now, I am not baking a d@mn thing until the avg. daily temp is below 80. It's almost 90 in here with the AC running full bore. Our fault for putting piggy in the oven at 475!

Another no stick idea, other than silpats is parchment!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by Harborwitch (Great tips Jean! No...)
What is that yummy looking campanelle dish, Jean?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by Mare749 (What is that yummy l...)
Karyn, when you're ready, Sharon & I will have so many recipes for you!!!

Maryann, that's one of the dishes I used the Peperonata - I added some Polish sausage and a little more sauce (used my pizza sauce) and topped Roy's fav pasta - Campanelle. So good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baking Tip - From Surprise...... by cjs (Karyn, when you're r...)
Love the breadstick idea...

What kind of salt did you use on the top? Flake?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura