Thursday Dinner, 725/13??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for today??

Roy's working at the winery today, so I have the day off from making mid-day dinner and can get lots of work done.

By the way, I'm having fun adding to our 'vault' of recipes on Group Recipes. I'm going thru binder by binder and those that I've/we/ve made (that aren't too darn long - I'll add those at another time if no one else does) I'm posting.

Whenever I take a break, I sit down and work with them - so, we'll have a good many of them 'over there'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
Grilled veal chops (going with the compound butter idea), rustic crushed potatoes (same idea as the salt and vinegar potatoes but without the vinegar), and sauteed baby spinach.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by Trixxee (Grilled veal chops (...)
Tonight is Cheeseburger Salad. Minimum work, minimum heat. It's going to be 100 today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is Cheesebur...)
I have a 4 pound rump roast. Still not sure how I'm going to cook it, with the exception of it won't be a crock pot. I'm thinking of a dry roast with salt, pepper and dry mustard.

Never had real good experiences with rump roasts.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by DFen911 (I have a 4 pound rum...)
Denise, I know you're probably looking for a method for a 'roast', but here's one idea I gave a 5 rating to (1 to 5) really tasty!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Miso Barbecue Beef with Ginger Teriyaki*****

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

2 1/2 pounds rump roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Japanese miso
3 tablespoons mirin or dry sherry
3 tablespoons Japanese style soy sauce
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
SAUCE:
2 tablespoons sake
3 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
3 tablespoons Japanese style soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

Slice roast across grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Combine miso, mirin, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Place beef in self-sealing plastic bag; add marinade, turn bag, and massage to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove meat from marinade; wipe off excess. Grill over hot coals 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until seared. Serve hot with ginger-teriyaki sauce, over noodles or rice.

SAUCE: Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer into a light syrupy consistency.

Cuisine:
"Japanese"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by cjs (Denise, I know you'r...)
Took a page from Trixxee's book - I've changed my mind. I'm going to play today.

And, for a later 'dinner' than normal, I'm grilling 1/2 a chicken with red pepper sauce from C@H's Grilling (double book)

Just worked a little in the garden and green house and I was able to pick a few things - but what a darn slow year. Two stinkin' cherry tomatoes!! July 25th!

[Image: July25fromgardenjust2tom_zps393dca3e.jpg]

Forgot I took a picture of our Polish Sausage w Pepperonata on Focaccia that we split last night with plank grilled tatoes. Really tasty. So, have to show it off.

[Image: July24PolishSandwpeperonata_zps6d9542a8.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by cjs (Took a page from Tri...)
The sandwich looks great Jean. Two little tomatoes - that is sad! You guys have been having rather good weather this summer though I thought!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by Trixxee (The sandwich looks g...)
Well, we haven't had rain for something like 27 days, but it's foggy most of the day - can't even see the straits.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by cjs (Well, we haven't had...)
Jean, that is so nice of you to work on our vault on group recipes! Thank you, and I will try to do more of that also.

That recipe for rump roast is right up our alley. I'm going to buy a rump roast just so I can try it.

Dinner tonight...we're thinking of going out for Mexican food. Both of us have a craving.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 725/13?? by cjs (Well, we haven't had...)
Quote:

Well, we haven't had rain for something like 27 days, but it's foggy most of the day - can't even see the straits.

You're welcome to take your rain back any time! Today, however, it's been sunny all day and there's no chance of rain. I'm loving it! We're having burgers for dinner tonight. I'm up for something easy.