T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I'm thinking of morphing the chicken w/red pepper sauce into a chix salad with an appetizer of toasted focaccia topped with the red pepper sauce and goat cheese. Easy, easy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
More than likely Porchetta, zuchinni, and ???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I made stuffed peppers this morning. Enough to feed an army so having the family over this evening. Now I just need some good bread...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13?? by Mare749 (I made stuffed peppe...)
My sister is in charge of dinner tonight (camping) and she chose something easy - cheeseburgers and potato salad. Lots of beer and wine. I wish it was 3:00 and we were checking in and staring at the ocean.

Might as well list what we're having the next few days since I won't be online much.

Saturday - pot roast with mushroom gravy (crock pot) and mashed potatoes. Kids won't touch the potatoes so I'm making noodles for them.

Sunday - more grilled Sabatino's sausage sandwiches with onions and peppers. Even though it doesn't really "go" with the meal might pick up some really great ahi poke at a nearby restaurant for an appetizer that afternoon.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13?? by Trixxee (My sister is in char...)
I'll be there for the Ahi!! Have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/26/13?? by cjs (I'll be there for th...)
Have fun camping, Trixxee!

John and I took a long ride on the Harley through North Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina. We had a great day, and came home with 3 quarts of (legal) moonshine....yeah, I live in a classy part of the country!

We were tired when we got home so we went out for pizza. I think we're going out in a little while to hear our sons' coworker play in a local bar. It's been a long time since we've done that!