Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

I got this week's eRecipe from C@H. It was for these mini cheesecakes with a blueberry topping that look great. You use a muffin tin.

Well, I just made these and I'm wondering if anyone else has made these or any other kind of mini cheesecakes in a muffin tin. There was too much cheesecake batter for the muffin size, so I think I maybe doing these in ramekins next time.

Any thoughts?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]I go...)
I have not made this recipe, but I made hundreds of mini- cheesecakes, tarts, etc., when catering. You just never know when a recipe is going to be the amount stated.

As Denise is finding out with her canning - so many recipe quantities are arbitrary.

Hope you made good use of the extra.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by cjs (I have not made this...)
Post deleted by losblanos1
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q *DELETED* *DELETED* by losblanos1 (Post deleted by losb...)
Okay Batman! Riddle me this: How the heck am I going to get those suckers out of the muffin tins when I don't have a muffin tin with removable bottoms?

Barbara<~~~did NOT think abut this while planning...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by BarbaraS (Okay Batman! Riddle...)
Quote:

Okay Batman! Riddle me this: How the heck am I going to get those suckers out of the muffin tins when I don't have a muffin tin with removable bottoms?

I'm afraid you'll just have to get out a spoon and eat them all before anyone finds out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
No no no... Hubby already knows I made them. I'm afraid they won't come out so nice and I'll end up with mini blueberry cheesecakes with a cobbler-style twist.

Grrr...

Barbara
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by BarbaraS (No no no... Hubby a...)
I'm not sure what kind of a mess you have, Barbara. Did it run over the tops of the tins where you can't run a thin knife around the edge to loosen??

What did the directions say to bake them in and how??

And, I really want to know what Blane deleted.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by cjs (I'm not sure what ki...)
Probably too late now, but maybe dipping the bottom of the pan in hottish water, or placing in a hot oven for a few minutes, or on a warm grill? I always use foil cupcake liners for individual cheesecakes. Does take away from the look you probably want to achieve but they come out of the pan!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by pjcooks (Probably too late no...)
Frist of all, the muffin tin I have is one of those cheap-o Ecko tins - the kind that gets bundled with other baking things. Honestly, I didn't even think I had a muffin tin since I don't make muffins or cupcakes.

@Jean - I used a knife and got them out intact. Did a little damage to the "non-stick" coating of the tin. I might just look for mini spring form pans.

@pj - I thought about whether or not I should use a cupcake liner because the recipe just didn't explain it well. I sprayed the cups with Pam and waited until I had it all ready to go to do the crust so it wouldn't absorb the Pam.

For this recipe there was 4 teaspoons - the cutlery kind - too much batter. Maybe they used a larger sized muffin tin?

Barbara
  Re: Re: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecakes - eRecipe Q by BarbaraS (Frist of all, the mu...)
I agree - 4 tsps = 1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. is too much for those mini pans.
www.achefsjourney.com