What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We have an appt. in Port Townsend today, so no telling what we'll end up doing for lunch/dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not sure yet, but may do something with pork tenderloin.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
My goal at this point is buttermilk fried chicken, potatoes in some fashion and sauteed squash. It just sounds so good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by Harborwitch (My goal at this poin...)
I'm going out with friends, so John is on his own tonight...
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by karyn (I'm going out with f...)
Well, I had a crappy morning!! Dermatologist had to burn/freeze 34 spots on my face and neck. So, you can imagine how I'm begining to look - even my upper lip is swelling. Geez, all for a chance at a tanned young body!!!

We stopped for lunch at a little fish shack and I sat outside on the deck so I wouldn't gross out the other customers and the gal that brot our food said, "Oh honey, I've see so much worse...I work with fisherman!" (don't really know what that meant, but guess it was to make me feel better.

Anyway, that's behind me for another 6-8 months. I'm having leftover fish & chips for later and Roy's gong to finish up the Linguine with Horseradish beets.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by cjs (Well, I had a crappy...)
That's a bummer Jean. Was it painful?

Pizza tonight!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by cjs (Well, I had a crappy...)
Oh d@mn Jean! I get to make my big "welcome to geezerhood" checkup appointment. I imagine there'll be some of that - sadly some of them are places that I should never have thought needed to be tanned ! It'll be better soon!

Chicken is in buttermilk, I have Trixee's fave AuGratin potatoes and squash. I am committed to this dinner!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by Harborwitch (Oh [url=mailto:d@mn]...)
That's too bad, Jean. Feel better soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by Mare749 (That's too bad, Jean...)
Blane, at the time she's working on them with the dry ice, it is very painful. This morning, I'm just a swollen, discolored mess, but it doesn't sting anymore.

God, the things I blab on here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/29/13?? by cjs (Blane, at the time s...)
Ouch. The swelling should go down soon. I hope you feel better soon!

Last night's dinner: [Image: IMG_7903_zps362f25a7.jpg]