What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We enjoyed the taco salads so much yesterday and also had the problem of how do you prep just enough goodies for 2!! So, we'll have a sparkling brunch with burritos or tostadas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Southern Fried Chicken and Nanny Hunter's Corn Fritters. Have to go to Hunter's and pick up the corn.

May have a little bubbly to go with this to celebrate my new job!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by BarbaraS (Southern Fried Chick...)
BARBARA!! No fair - get back here and tell us all about it! Congratulations.

Maryann mentioned taco salad and of course I had to have one, now you're talking corn fritters!!! (not to mention - Denise and her talk of burgers with cucumbers!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by cjs (BARBARA!! No fair - ...)
I might be doing the challenge today if I get my act together.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by Mare749 (I might be doing the...)
No idea, about to head off to a You Pick nectarine orchard

Barbara you are making one of my favorite dishes!
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by DFen911 (No idea, about to he...)
Frisco burgers for lunch. Not sure about dinner - possibly a thai coconut curry chicken soup with bok choy. I bought all the stuff yesterday. But right now that doesn't appeal. We shall see.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by Trixxee (Frisco burgers for l...)
Carylann's taking me out for dinner. I'm pretty sure I'll have steak.

http://www.johnhowiesteak.com/Food
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by losblanos1 (Carylann's taking me...)
I've heard of this place but haven't been there - menu looks tasty!! Have a good time.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by losblanos1 (Carylann's taking me...)
Wow, that's one heck of a menu! We have some great steakhouses but nothing of this caliber! Enjoy!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 8/3/13 by pjcooks (Wow, that's one heck...)
Have a great time/dinner, Blane! You guys seem like us - don't go out to dinner all that often so make the most of it!