L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA!
  Re: (...)
[Image: Aug3AvocadoandBaconPizza_zps9dff5a04.jpg]

This turned out delicious. I make a spicy guacamole (with tomatoes and I don't want to hear anything from the purists! ) and had some leftover from the Taco salad the other night.

Added it to a pizza -
olive oil
basil
guacamole
Mozz/white cheddar
bacon
Parm
black pepper

really good combination.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by cjs ([url=http://s3.photo...)
I've heard that cooking avocados can, in some cases, make them bitter. How was the flavour of your guac after having been baked with the pizza (or did you add it, uncooked, after baking)?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by labradors (I've heard that cook...)
Oh my, that looks sooo good! How did you manage to have leftover guacamole? We gobble it up like little piggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by Mare749 (Oh my, that looks so...)
Nope, no bitterness at all. I also have a shrimp filled avocado dish that is baked with no problem. Have not heard about the bitter problem.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by cjs (Nope, no bitterness ...)
Thanks. I've heard of "avocado fries" and a few other things, but have never actually heated them up in anything.

Had been considering something that would involve baking them, for the mystery-box dinner, but that changed when I realised there was a MUCH better option for what I plan to do.
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by cjs (Nope, no bitterness ...)
I remember a grilled avocado guacamole recipe. I think it was from c@H. But it said that cooking the avocado prevented the 'browning' for the guac.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by luvnit (I remember a grilled...)
Grilling I've heard, but it was the longer baking times that worried me. Ultimately, I decided upon a different option that will be much more flavourful and my avocados will still be tasty in a different use.
  Re: Re: L/O Guacamole?? PIZZA! by labradors (Grilling I've heard,...)
That is an amazing looking pizza! Saving this idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.