Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made the darndest concotion yesterday of this and that and ended up with 4 nice size casseroles, so we'll have the last 2 today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
At the risk of changing plans, tonight it should be the chicken/sun dried tomato cream sauce/angel hair. We shall see though. Anything can happen between now and then.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by Trixxee (At the risk of chang...)
Recipe, please?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by BarbaraS (Recipe, please?[br][...)
Barbara - posted it for you on last night's dinner thread. But then I thought of this recipe for you since you like shrimp, garlic, sundried tomatoes and basil. I haven't made it for a couple of years but it is GOOD. I agree with many of the reviewers that finishing the shrimp in the oven is unnecessary. Just sauté them partway through then once the sauce is done, throw the shrimp back in with the sauce to complete. Again, this is good over angel hair.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ter-103369
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by Trixxee (Barbara - posted it ...)
I'm sorry Trixee! I didn't see it! This looks fantastic. This will be Sunday dinner. Thanks so much!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by BarbaraS (I'm sorry Trixee! I...)
Barbara - I'm so sorry. THIS is the recipe I use for the chicken. A little different than the first. I don't bother with the immersion blender. Doesn't need to be blended.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...uce-107198
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by Trixxee (Barbara - I'm so sor...)
Another saver! Thanks Trixee!!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by BarbaraS (Another saver! Than...)
I've got a busy day, so it will likely be burgers or dogs.....something simple. Not doing a lot of special dinners these days, but our deck time and my super clean house will go a long way to make it all worth it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got a busy day,...)
It's going to be a warm one today so I'm making something light for lunch. Shrimp-Mango-Avocado salad with green goddess dressing.

Dinner will be Chipotle chicken burgers without the bun.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/6/13?? by losblanos1 (It's going to be a w...)
Easy dinner tonight, BLT's and grilled corn on the cob.

I am determined to start using more Cuisine recipes, so am going through back issues and working on my master list.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."