Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?? And, I hope Jody joins us, so we can start getting ideas from her too!

I'm doing Denise's B'day dinner today and the ideas are coming together nicely.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Surf and Turf for him, clammies and crab legs for moi!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by BarbaraS (Surf and Turf for hi...)
We are getting to go down to the horse races today so for an early lunch at one of our favorite restaurants across from the race track I will have a bloody mary, 1/2 oysters on the half shell, split some seared ahi with Tony and I will have one fish taco. They are fried and they are humungous. Then later in the day I will have a carved corned beef sandwich.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by Trixxee (We are getting to go...)
That sounds like a great day Trixxee. Have fun!

Carylann's on her way to Portland to attend a baby shower, I'm cooking for one. I went freezer diving and found some mole sauce, so lunch will be grilled chicken breast with mole.
From the new grilling cookbook, dinner will be grilled rib-eye with horseradish mignonette and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight We shall, as mentioned on another thread, have creamy spinach casserole,

And I also made up a ratatouille tart from Aug/09 issue. I have made that beautiful tart a couple of times and can't resist making it when I see the zucchinis tumbling out of the garden. It is such a pretty dish, and quite easy and fun to make! I mean, really, who doesn't love Mandoline'ing a big bunch of veggies!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by jodybarnett (Tonight We shall, as...)
" I mean, really, who doesn't love Mandoline'ing a big bunch of veggies!" I'm sure with you there, Jody!!

All I'm going to say about our dinner, is WOW - I would put this on a menu!!!!!

Jody, we must be confusing you on the "Denise's B'day Dinner" thing. But, what we do around here is when it's someone's b'day, they have the option to choose a dinner (recipes to come from C@H!) or since we all love to do the Mystery Basket type dinners, Denise chose to do the Mystery dinner.

She listed all the ingredients we could use and those that she doesn't want used. Then we all have a couple weeks to come up with any kind of dinner we want using whatever of the ingredients we want. Then, on the chosen day - this one is Monday, 8/12 - we all post our recipes, any photos, and how we liked what we came up with.

It's not demanding, but it's a lot of fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by jodybarnett (Tonight We shall, as...)
SHRIMP! I just need some Wasn't sure how we were cooking it but it looks like curry now. Rice or Orzo?
Been sitting on the deck drinking Margaritas and deciding, switching to wine now that we've decided on curry
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by farnfam (SHRIMP! I just need ...)
Tonight is "Jeff's Choice". Ahi Tuna sushi eggrolls, Grilled T-bone steaks, baked potato, and corn. If I'd gotten more spinach I'd make the creamed spinach from the Steakhouse Burger. Alas!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by farnfam (SHRIMP! I just need ...)
Cis, are your grandbabies there yet???

Dinner tonight was grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled eggplant with Miso Glaze from Cuisine Fresh and Fabulous. The miso glaze was okay, but probably won't do it again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/10/13?? by Mare749 (Cis, are your grandb...)
A home run tonight. Horseradish mignonette sauce on a rib-eye.

[Image: Grilledrib-eyewithhorseradishmignonette_zps47cd0e1e.jpg]