Pulled Pork!
  Re: (...)
Is anyone else as tired of seeing pulled pork recipes offered on darn near every recipe website in existance??? Trends are not supposed to last this long, are they??

Even pork bellies didn't, I don't think.

And the chipotle craze that we had to add them to almost everything???

O.K. that's my soapbox for today - I'll go quietly now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pulled Pork! by cjs (Is anyone else as ti...)
Had to giggle, Jean, as I made my root beer pulled pork for staff lunch yesterday! I understand what you mean, though, for me it's Southwestern-I know everyone loves it which is why we sell so much of it but I'm sick to death of making it!!!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by pjcooks (Had to giggle, Jean,...)
BBQ is a way of life here, but I know what you mean. It has become an obsession around the country.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by Gourmet_Mom (BBQ is a way of life...)
It's actually kind of funny. Like it's a new thing or something and it's been around forever! Okay, I'll leave quietly behind Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by Mare749 (It's actually kind o...)
I've never made pulled pork. I have thought about it and have several recipes, but when It comes down to it, I make Cuban pork or carnitas, which is my favorite Mexican food.

Someone said in another forum that carnitas are pork confit. I'd never thought about it that way but it sure makes sense. I have an old Cuban recipe from my aunt, that now that I think about it is pork confit. I take shortcuts with the mexican carnitas, but the old recipe is still the best. I've not seen it for a while so I hope I have not lost it.
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by Cubangirl (I've never made pull...)
HI,

This is super funny as I am sitting on the internet looking for pulled pork recipe I can make.
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by piano226 (HI,[br][br]This is s...)
Hi Stranger!! What have you been up to, Marina?? Traveling?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by cjs (Hi Stranger!! What h...)
Hi,

Yes, traveling, working. Super busy but i think things are calming down now.
  Re: Pulled Pork! by cjs (Is anyone else as ti...)
I'll never get sick of well cooked pork. Carnitas is one of our favorites, cochinita pibil is right up there too. But plain ol' pulled pork with too much BBQ sauce is really not on our menu.

I agree about the chipotles. I love them, but I am "over" them in everything. There are too many different flavor profiles out there to get stuck on one thing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork! by Harborwitch (I'll never get sick ...)
Sharon, I agree with you about the BBQ sauce. Ron still likes it, but I've grown tired of it and rarely use it anymore except for a light glaze on ribs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."