Excellent and Easy Fish Recipe
  Re: (...)
I have a couple of almond crust recipes from C@H marked to try. However, I saw this one and I have been trying to eat more fish. It was so good, I just had to share.

I made my favorite Sole Meuniere in Brown Butter and Almonds two weeks ago and made Almond Crusted Halibut the other day. It made four servings so we had two last Thursday and the other two last night.

First of all, it was actually better last night. I thought it was because the piece I had before was thinner than the rest, so it maybe it overcooked a bit. But DH who had same thickness pieces also said it was better last night. He reheated his with the dressing on, but I just did the fish covered in the microwave for 2 minutes at half power, then put the hot fish over the cold dressed spinach and added more dressing.

I am not usually crazy about proteins on a bed of greens, but this was great. The crust made out of almonds stayed put and crisped nicely. The first night I went easy on the vinaigrette for fear of making the crust soggy, but last night I put on a nice amount and it was even better. The vinaigrette recipe could easily be cut in half, but it is a nice one so we'll use for other salads.

The original recipe said to use toasted slivered almonds, but I did some with toasted sliced and found it easier to adhere. I think I'll do half and half next time. The coating could easily be made with gluten free flour instead of ap. I added a tad of cornmeal to mine. I think this would be equally great with a less expensive fish such as tilapia or cod.

Let me know if you can't get the recipe, I'll be happy to post it.
  Re: Excellent and Easy Fish Recipe by Cubangirl (I have a couple of a...)
I like all the flavors and the method you used for this dish - I'm sure I would like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Excellent and Easy Fish Recipe by Cubangirl (I have a couple of a...)
Sounds delicious. I'll have to try this, but it will have to wait another month or more, since I'm doing Denise's Mystery-Box dinner right now and I'll be travelling and otherwise busy the last half of this month.

Is the recipe at the link the one that you offered to post? I have bookmarked the link.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Excellent and Easy Fish Recipe by labradors (Sounds delicious. I...)
Yes that is the link at the FC site. If you can't access it, let me know and I'll post it.
  Re: Re: Excellent and Easy Fish Recipe by Cubangirl (Yes that is the link...)
Yes, the recipe is posted and looks very good. Thanks, Alina!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.