Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I took a couple pkgs. of someting (?) out of the freezer last night for today.

Had the worst dinner of my life at our favorite place here in town last night. And, the worst part, Terry, the bartender always introduces me to her other patrons as her 'friend, the chef' and to have me send my plate back, just humilated her - stupid kitchen!!

Had salad bar and an order of coconut shrimp - first taste of the shrimp and absolutely no flavor of anything! Picked apart another one and they were barely warm in the center. By that time I was feeling fairly full from the salad bar, so just ordered a piece of blackberry pie (that Terry promised was out of this world good)- and it was delicious.

Not the best night there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
This is my plan, subject to change.

http://www.feastingathome.com/2013/05/gr...antro.html
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by Trixxee (This is my plan, sub...)
Oh, WOW! I bet that was humiliating. Poor girl.

We are having another comfort food tonight. We have church tonight and this is an old favorite that holds well...country fried steak in gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, WOW! I bet that...)
Tonight's dinner is what we were going to have last night, Summer stuffed chicken breasts with lemon herb beurre blanc. This is NOT a weeknight recipe (unless you're retired).
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight's dinner is ...)
Oh, but I bet it was good Blane. Sure looked good on FB!

I made crusty French bread this morning for roasted veggie sandwiches for lunch with my dad, along with some garlic shrimp.

Tonight, Ron and I had Better-for-you Burgers, a recipe that came in the mail yesterday by our health insurance provider. Corn, black beans, scallions and bell pepper were added to lean ground beef to make a really big burger. It was surprisingly juicy and delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by Mare749 (Oh, but I bet it was...)
Everything sounds so good! Since it was church night and BG was sleeping over, I let her finish dinner. She made Mom proud and dinner was perfect when we walked in from church! Taught my baby well!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything sounds so...)
Those are on my list to do, Maryann - glad you liked them.

Karyn's already back at work, Daphne - how much longer do you have??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by cjs (Those are on my list...)
I'm back next Wednesday.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm back next Wednes...)
Quote:

I'm back next Wednesday.

That's Back to School night for me, so I can guarantee I'll be AWOL!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/14/13?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, as far as I'm concerned we sure didn't see enough of you two this summer! .
www.achefsjourney.com