In a land Farro farro away
  Re: (...)
my hubby is at work late tonight, so I won't be cooking up a storm. Sad, though because there are some really tasty items in the new Bon Appetit that just arrived. I am all about Farro right now, and want so much to try the recipe for it in this issue.

I did a farro dish from one of my favourite recipe mag's a few weeks ago and it was a smash hit:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeContr...p;recipeID=5677

any one else got the Farro bug?
  Re: In a land Farro farro away by jodybarnett (my hubby is at work ...)
I sure do! I've been cooking with so many more grains this past year.

Crap, I miss my subscription to LCBO and haven't even been over to Victoria to even pick up a copy! recipe is copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by cjs (I sure do! I've been...)
I once got a Farro salad from Wegman's one time. It was tasty. Hubby doesn't do the grains like that, unfortunately. He hates rice and anything that resembles it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by BarbaraS (I once got a Farro s...)
LCBO?
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by cjs (I sure do! I've been...)
Quote:

I sure do! I've been cooking with so many more grains this past year.

Crap, I miss my subscription to LCBO and haven't even been over to Victoria to even pick up a copy! recipe is copied.

I miss that magazine so much. I have a friend up there, maybe I can get her to mail it to me . . . I'll even pay the postage.

I've been using farro a lot. F & W had a great recipe for farro with roasted cauliflower and topped with poached eggs.

[Image: IMG_7551_zps7de8b5d5.jpg]

I better find the recipe because that looks really good and I have everything for it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LCBO is a magazine put out by the Canadian liquor board. Lorraine got a lot of us started subscribing to it a few years ago. I don't know why I let it lapse. Great, great recipes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by cjs (LCBO is a magazine p...)
I saw in my cooking light r. This month. A recipe for. Chicken with couscous and dates. Looked interesting Was a fast recipe. I'll post if you are interested.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by cjs (LCBO is a magazine p...)
Quote:

LCBO is a magazine put out by the Canadian liquor board. Lorraine got a lot of us started subscribing to it a few years ago. I don't know why I let it lapse. Great, great recipes!

I know why I let it lapse . . . it went up to $45 a year!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow, Sharon, that looks fantastic! I work with grains a lot at work, but honestly, I only have a 30% success rate. Clients request traditional pasta salad (which is what? )

Sure wish I could move more people towards these much better and healthier grains. Even sourcing local and organic (at no extra cost to them ) makes no difference. It's unknown to them, so they go with what they know.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: In a land Farro farro away by pjcooks (Wow, Sharon, that lo...)
Marye, the ingredients sound tasty - I'd love to see the recipe when you get a chance.
www.achefsjourney.com