Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce
  Re: (...)
I think it was Barbara who was interested in this sauce recipe - just did it again this a.m. with a half chicken and we ate ALL the skin off the whole half!!! Usually I throw it away immediately so we don't do things like that.

I'm not posting this on the group recipes because 1-I still need to do the timing on the wings and add it and 2-it's going in the ON The Road book - so will share just here.

[Image: Aug17GrillingchixwPeachMustardsauce_zpscd5f50c3.jpg]

and may add little chicken to the mini=-pizzas tonight
[Image: Aug17PeachMustardchixwfreshveges_zps10b36f93.jpg]

Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce***** 8/17/13

Sauce is equally delicious brushed on chicken wings or when you grill a half chicken. Begin brushing when the chicken is 2/3 done so the sauce won’t burn.

1/3 cup peach jam (can use apricot, pineapple, or berry jam)
2 Tbs white wine vinegar
1 Tbs Coleman’s dry mustard
1/2 - 1 Tbs Frank’s Hot Chicken Wing sauce
1 large clove garlic, minced

1. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until time to start brushing on chicken.

2. Note: if your jam is very thick, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat slowly whisking just until the jam has melted and will be ‘brushable’.

3. Timing for a half chicken:

4. I have 3 burners – set 2 outside to high and the middle burner on low. Oil and salt & pepper the chicken and begin grilling skin side down for 10 minutes, turning a quarter turn each time for dark grill marks.

5. After 10 minutes, turn the chicken over and grill for 10 more minutes; brush skin side with Peach sauce. Turn the chicken over and repeat this step until the chicken has reached an internal temperature in the breast of 160°F or 170°F in the thigh, about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.

6. Note: if your grill cooks hot, you might want to turn the middle burner off and finish the chicken over indirect heat the last20 minutes.

7. Timing for chicken wings:
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by cjs (I think it was Barba...)
Thank you Jean!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by BarbaraS (Thank you Jean![br][...)
Wow! I think you might have just outdone yourself with this one, Jean! It's a must-do-soon! Like tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by Mare749 (Wow! I think you mig...)
I'm with Maryann, planned on making this today, but it is pouring rain out. I could do it in the oven, but would much prefer to grill it, so maybe tomorrow. Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by Lorraine (I'm with Maryann, pl...)
I'm liking the combination a lot. Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by cjs (I'm liking the combi...)
This sounds really good - think it will go on the menu this week, maybe even tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by Trixxee (This sounds really g...)
Just made this sauce (first of four) to go on our grilled chicken. This sauce is going on leg quarters, the other three are marinating some wings that will be going on the grill shortly. I'm thinking that the little ones will like this one best since it's sweet. Funny though, little Tommy likes hot wings!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by cjs (I'm liking the combi...)
This is something special. We love peaches and even used a peach salsa. Sounds really good Jean.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by Old Bay (This is something sp...)
Thanks all - and Maryann, hope the family likes them all.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken with Peach & Mustard BBQ Sauce by cjs (Thanks all - and Mar...)
Wow! Jean, that chicken looks so spot on perfect.