Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone today?

I'm making the chicken Nicoise salad from one of the C@H Grilling books and think I'll also do the Benedictine sandwiches that goes with the salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'll have to look for that recipe, Jean. It sounds delicious!

We're having Chicken Chipotle Kebabs with Avocado Cream Sauce.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by karyn (I'll have to look fo...)
We are having the grilled peach/mustard chicken that Jean posted about, with broccoli and a garlic bread. First day of really trying to cut down. We just had way too much fun this summer and our waistlines are showing it.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by Trixxee (We are having the gr...)
We're on the road. William has offered to make sausage and rice for dinner. I'm hoping the rain stops by the time we get home. But comfort food will be nice after a crazy weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're on the road. ...)
Please let me know how you like it, Trixxee. Fingers crossed.

Daphne, I just found the most interesting 'salami' recipe this a.m. in a book I downloaded to my kindle. Won't say anymore yet, but I'm thawing out some burger right now!!!! Your sausage mention made me think of it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by cjs (Please let me know h...)
I can't wait to hear! We LOVE salami!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't wait to hear...)
That really looks delicious Karyn, thank you for sharing. I put it down for Thursdays dinner.

Last night's dinner was so delicious that I'm making it again tonight, except I'm using beef filets with the steak sauce; French fries and asparagus as sides.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by losblanos1 (That really looks de...)
Karyn, that looks really good! I sent it to DD, so let me know how you liked it.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by karyn (I'll have to look fo...)
I don't "get" the chili or chipotle in adobo sauce. They are way too spicy, even for me. Is it the sauce or the pepper in the sauce that's the spicy one?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/19/13?? by BarbaraS (I don't "get" the ch...)
Quote:

I don't "get" the chili or chipotle in adobo sauce. They are way too spicy, even for me. Is it the sauce or the pepper in the sauce that's the spicy one?

Barbara

Barbara, I'm a bit of a chipotle wimp, so I usually de-vein and de-seed chipotles before I use them in a recipe. That way, I get the nice smokey flavor without so much heat. I did that in this recipe, and regret it, so I'm making a note to myself to leave the seeds and veins in the marinade. The flavor was delicious but actually had almost no heat...a bit more spice would have been nice.

Blane and Daphne, this was really delicious! The avocado cream sauce is very mild, but the yogurt adds a really nice tang. I served it with Goya Mexican rice and grilled zucchini. It's definitely a keeper. I hope you enjoy it!