What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not a clue at the momment.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Potato Crust Quiche with side of thick bacon.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by BarbaraS (Potato Crust Quiche ...)
We are having Zatarains panko style coated baked pork chops and fresh frozen green Lima beans with fat back!! Ummmm, "slap yo mamma"!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by Old Bay (We are having Zatar...)
We're going to a BBQ at my brothers house today. My older brother is making smoked pork butt, and the rest of us are bringing side dishes and appetizers. Our contribution will be Camarones Rellenos Envueltos con Tocino (bacon wrapped shrimp), Maque Choux and potato salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by losblanos1 (We're going to a BBQ...)
Let's all tag along with Blane....or Bill & Jane's!
Well, maybe Barbara's, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by cjs (Let's all tag along ...)
I think Tony might be making a big batch of meatballs and marinara. I will be glued to the TV. Lots of fantastic horse racing on today. Go Palace Malice! Please god let all horses and jockeys cross the finish line safely. These big races with lots of viewers always make me a little nervous.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by Trixxee (I think Tony might b...)
We will be eating on the run, lots of shopping and prep for Ron Sr.'s birthday party tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by Mare749 (We will be eating on...)
We're doing one of my personal creations...grilled chicken cutlet sandwiches topped with caramelized onions and a version of pimento cheese made with jalapenos instead of pimentos. It's a dietary disaster, but soooo good!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by karyn (We're doing one of m...)
Well, I heard Gordon Ramsey say to someone the other day "Now you're thinking like a chef" and I've been trying to imagine what that means. So today I took some long zukes and julienned them, some peppers, and onions and tossed in sesame oil. I made some birdsnest pasta. I made a rich broth of chicken and soy sauce and quickly brought the shrimp to a boil. tossed all together and served over the pasta. It was quite good, next time I'm going to add some heat
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 8/24/13?? by farnfam (Well, I heard Gordon...)
Sounds good, but "heat" always makes it better, even apple pie!! (with cheddar)!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".