Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're going out to dinner and taking a starter with us. Goat Cheese in Grape Leaves with Tomato & Olive Salad. Tested them yesterday and while the flavor is very good, they sure are messy.... Oh well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Air. Ate so much fair food, poor Derek is still in a food coma
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by DFen911 (Air. Ate so much fai...)
I'll be he is!! Fun, tho, huh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by cjs (I'll be he is!! Fun,...)
I *think* I am going to make the lightened up Chicken Francese (birthday dinner) but probably will not make the salad this time because I know I can't get the right kind of apples. No sweet tangos, honey crisps, or pink ladys out here right now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by Trixxee (I *think* I am going...)
I'm also doing Somebody's Birthday Dinner, but minus the cookies, as those will have to be made with the grandkiddies another time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by Mare749 (I'm also doing Someb...)
Tonight it's a a new recipe out of the 'Great Grilling made easy' cookbook.
Planked salmon with grape Gastrique, baked potato and asparagus. The last time that I cooked salmon on a plank, the whole thing caught on fire. Wish me luck!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's a a new...)
Good luck, Blane! There's a limit to how much flame you want in a dinner...

I spent too much time at the dentist after work today, so we're having some soup I had in the freezer. It's easy on the mouth!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by karyn (Good luck, Blane! Th...)
We're having London Broil with horseradish sauce, baby red potatoes in sour cream sauce, and peas. This is a two part dinner. I will use the leftover meat in a French Onion Jus Wednesday for French Dip Sandwiches with leftover potatoes and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
After last night we went out to breakfast this am. I could not believe either of us could eat dinner - but Bob rocked the world, and we have to give Jean credit for the minimalist seasoning for the smoker.

Bob rubbed a chicken with olive oil, salt & Tellicherry pepper and put it in the smoker at 215 with Mr. Stubbs mixed chips. He also did a beef roast with Penzeys English Prime Rib Rub & Salt & pepper. Dinner tonight was the smoked chicken on a salad with a Pear & gorgonzola dressing. OMG. Perfection in a bowl.

Jean we are giving you credit for the "no over-seasoning" theory. Salt, pepper, & light smoke are the bomb.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/26/13?? by Harborwitch (After last night we ...)
Wow, thanks Sharon - I love it also. It is a nice break from the high seasoning we use on smoked products.
www.achefsjourney.com