Very Sad News From an Old Friend
  Re: (...)
Some here may remember Gian Stagnaro from Chef2Chef days. His son was killed yesterday in a car accident. Looks like it might be teens not paying attention to driving. So friggin' sad, I was just speechless.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130829/NE...?nclick_check=1

R.I.P. young ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by cjs (Some here may rememb...)
Oh this is very sad news
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by DFen911 (Oh this is very sad ...)
Absolutely heart breaking.
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by Trixxee (Absolutely heart bre...)
Such sad news, Jean. This happened to my daughter's college room-mate a few weeks before they were due to leave for BGSU. It was the most difficult funeral I have ever attended.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I was so stunned and saddened. I cannot fathom the pain that Gian and his family must be going through.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I feel your pain thru your note. So sorry.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by Old Bay (I feel your pain thr...)
Such tragic news! Now that young driver will have to live with this for the rest of his life.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by Gourmet_Mom (Such tragic news! N...)
And, I just read another account - the 2nd boy killed was just recently a hero in a school shooting episode at his high school. He survived that....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by cjs (And, I just read ano...)
So sad when they are so very young. I remember waking up to local news on an Easter weekend seeing a report on my 16 year old neighbor losing his life in the same fashion. This little guy grew up with Bruce and me, from the time we put a dollar on his Big Wheels trike that he was selling along side the road to the point that he was robbing his mom's garden for veggies to feed my pigs.

We were crushed, like a punch to the gut it physically hurt. Such a waste when they are so young and have their whole life before them.

What was his dad's screen name? His street name didn't ring a bell with me, but maybe it was before my time. And what was his involvement with food - a restaurant or something with the CIA?
  Re: Re: Very Sad News From an Old Friend by iBcookin (So sad when they are...)
So terrible.

When I was just 17, our neighbours across the street suffered a similar tragedy. Their two daughters (18 and 15) had gone to a graduation for elder one, with her driving. At the party, they drank alcohol but thought they were fine and decided to drive home. At an place where they had to make a U-turn to get to the exit of the development they were in, she flipped the car, killing the younger sister. Unfortunately, these types of things are WAY too common.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?