Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13???
  Re: (...)
SEPTEMBER!! What's on the menu for everyone today??

After the wings, salad, the butter/oil poached baby potatoes and the sorbet yesterday and what's coming up tomorrow, we're being real careful today!! Not sure what, but probably out of the 400 book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by cjs (SEPTEMBER!! What's o...)
We are going out to the kid's campground. Don't know what they have planned, but I'm taking the ingredients for S'more cookies with me for the little ones to make. The dough is made, so all they will have to do is finish them.

If it's not raining, we will probably cook out. It if it, we might have to go across the street to the winery.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by Mare749 (We are going out to ...)
We're having pizza and cole slaw. Hubby's stuck with his version of a "meat lover's" pizza - sausage, pepperoni, bacon (for tonight's version), red onion, a lot less garlic than I prefer, and sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by Mare749 (We are going out to ...)
For dinner I'm making Jean's beer brats again. Lunch will be the stir fried leeks from the latest issue.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by losblanos1 (For dinner I'm makin...)
Guess that means you 'really' do like them, Blane....

What's not to love about that pizza, Barbara - yum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by cjs (Guess that means you...)
Jean and Blane, I almost made the brats again, but the kids picked burgers and fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by cjs (Guess that means you...)
French dips for lunch, leftover baby back ribs for dinner. We'll have to split the one and only ear of corn that's left.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by Trixxee (French dips for lunc...)
Ribs??? Brats???? What a decision!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by cjs (Ribs??? Brats???? W...)
Quote:

Ribs??? Brats???? What a decision!

"Cracked Crab or the Lobster?"

"Can't we have both?"

"Yes, let's have both."

"Primo good choice, Sir!"

Name the movie.

So what about these brats? Are they homemade or commercially available?

I would love to have Hubby do something not too volatile on the grill to restore his faith. Although, he should still get a 3-burner and trade this other one in.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/1/13??? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Weather turned bad, so we stayed home. Leftover ribs, maque choux, and sliced tomatoes for dinner tonight along with a Netflix movie. So humid here!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."