Potato confit
  Re: (...)
Once again, doing a search got me nothing. Would someone please tell me if this is a Cuisine recipe and what issue it is in?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Potato confit by Mare749 (Once again, doing a ...)
Sorry for getting this to you so late. This is a recipe that Karyn provided from another website.

My notes; no need to peel the potatoes since they get cut with a round cutter.
I usually cook them in equal parts butter and corn oil (1/4 cup total)
After you fry the potatoes, bake at 425 for 12 minutes.
I top mine with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.

Potato Confit

Cut your peeled russet potatoes into 1 1/2" slices - they should look like little hockey pucks. and then use your round cutter to create perfect potato rounds. Throw your rounds into a screaming hot sauté pan with a hearty glug of clarified butter until crispy. Flip over, pour off the butter, add a little chicken stock and then transfer into a hot oven for about 12 minutes to continue cooking - it will also reduce your liquid somewhat. Add one more tablespoon of clarified butter and glaze the potatoes with the remaining liquid in the pan. Serve immediately and season with some Fleur de Sel and some fresh black pepper
  Re: Re: Potato confit by losblanos1 (Sorry for getting th...)
Think I'll play wit this also. Thanks Blane & Karyn!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato confit by cjs (Think I'll play wit ...)
I just fininshed making Garlic confit. OMG...it is amazing. I did not know that garlic can taste that good.
  Re: Re: Potato confit by piano226 (I just fininshed mak...)
Quote:

I just fininshed making Garlic confit. OMG...it is amazing. I did not know that garlic can taste that good.

Oh really??? Recipe, please???

Barbara

p.s. someone please take a pic of the potato confit. I can't wrap head about what this dish looks like.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Potato confit by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
to save some frustration, substitute 2 cups' worth of refrigerated prepeeled garlic cloves for the 6 heads.

Garlic Confit and Garlic Oil
INGREDIENTS

6 heads of garlic, cloves peeled
3 bay leaves
6 thyme sprigs
3 whole dried chiles, such as chiles de arbol
2 cups extra-virgin olive oil

DIRECTIONS

Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes or until the garlic is tender, but not browned. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Divvy up the garlic cloves, herbs, and dried chiles among 3 half-pint canning jars using a slotted spoon to transfer the solid pieces. Cover all the solids with the residual oil, seal, and refrigerate for up to 4 months.
Yield: 3 half-pint jars of garlic confit.
  Re: Re: Potato confit by piano226 (to save some frustra...)
Sounds tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato confit by cjs (Sounds tasty!...)
Barbara, here's a picture of the confit from a few days ago. Along with planked salmon and grape Gastrique.

[Image: Salmonwithgrapegastrique2_zps7cf1f5d4.jpg]
  Re: Re: Potato confit by losblanos1 (Barbara, here's a pi...)
That looks so good, Blane! Thanks so much for posting the recipe and thank you Karyn for finding it!

That garlic confit sounds good, too. What do you mean by sealing the jars? I don't can anything, so want to be clear.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Potato confit by Mare749 (That looks so good, ...)
They both sound great! Looks good, Blane!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.