Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 (or Sunday for purists)
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyong today??

I thawed my 2 ducks out to play with in the next couple of days, so don't know what I'll do first.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 (or Sunday for purists) by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is making meatloaf. I have some dried porcini mushrooms leftover from the pot roast the other day that he might try to incorporate. I'll make mashed potatoes and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 by Trixxee (Tony is making meatl...)
Sudnay? Hehehe Marinating some sirloin tip steaks that will hit the grill. And while making the marinade got hit with another burger project inspiration. Need to work out the ingredients first
  Re: Re: Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 by DFen911 (Sudnay? Hehehe Marin...)
That makes tomorrow Modnay.
Tonight it's Steak au Poivre Salad with a lemon-pepper vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 by losblanos1 (That makes tomorrow ...)
Uh oh, you two are going to get sent to your rooms.

Dinner will probably be something on the run. We have two volleyball games to go to.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sudnay Dinner, 9/8/13 by Mare749 (Uh oh, you two are g...)
Got that right, Maryann! Just noticed that also when I logged in..... and no champagne this a.m.

I've done 3 duc dishes so far...dont' know which we'll have first, but we're just nibbling as they finish. So far, so good.

The first one I made was Duck with Olives - so simple and yet so tasty!

[Image: Sept8DuckwOlives1_zps82cc93c8.jpg]

I wanted it so badly with polenta, but alas, the darn container is empty!! Shoot, so maybe mashed or smashed potatoes instead, but won't be as tasty.

Also did some Duck wings on the order of Buffalo wings, maybe have with some fries - sometimes.

Another one will go in crockpot that has been marinating in Stout beer and ginger in another hour or so.

Fun day and I still have one duck to go tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/8/13 by cjs (Got that right, Mary...)
Duck, duck, GOOSE!!!!

We had hot dogs all the way with chili and slaw and potato salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/8/13 by Gourmet_Mom (Duck, duck, GOOSE!!!...)
Oh Daphne, I wish you had time to work with some duck - what a bunch of great dishes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/8/13 by cjs (Oh Daphne, I wish yo...)
Jean, you have the celebrate the rain cookbook? There's a recipe in there called five-spice lacquered duck with mango salsa (page 179), have you tried this?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/8/13 by losblanos1 (Jean, you have the c...)
Quote:

...five-spice lacquered duck with mango salsa ...

Drool!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?