Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013
  Re: (...)
Light Chicken Francese

This is an easy and delicious meal. We both loved it. I made an Asian noodle salad on the side and although we enjoyed it, next time I will probably make steamed rice and a green veg. I had planned to make the recommended salad and still have not, but it’s on the to-do list. We gave the chicken an 8+.

The S’more cookies are just delicious! I had Alyssa and Tommy over one afternoon to make these and they were a huge hit with Alyssa. Tommy just seemed to want the chocolate. We had them all warm and ready when their dad came in to pick them up around the same time Ron got home from work. The rest of us all decided these were fabulous. Definate 10!

Sorry, no pics this time. Long story…

ETA: If anyone is interested in doing another easy meal for September, I will put another one together and post it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by Mare749 (Light Chicken France...)
I so apologize Maryann - I had every intention in the world of making the dinner this past weekend, and then with the catering and thawing out the ducks it just went right out of my head!!

I've put the recipe on the island, so will do this week. Glad it has a good review from you.

Yes, even tho I screwed this one up, I'm interested.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by cjs (I so apologize Marya...)
Quote:

I've put the recipe on the island...

Uh, oh! She put the recipe way out on the "island." Now it's probably with the recipe for the marshmallows.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
darn marshmallows.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by cjs (damn marshmallows......)
As Maryann already stated, this was an easy and delicious recipe. I didn't make the salad either and served it with asparagus. Carylann gave it a 10, I gave it a 9 and we will make this again.

Maryann, if you choose another 'Somebody's Birthday Dinner' recipe, I'm in.

[Image: ChickenFrancese2_zps5082503d.jpg]

The cookies were delicious! Nice and chewy. I took them to work and they were gone in an hour. I had three requests for the recipe.

ETA: Everyone gave these cookies a 10+.

[Image: Smorescookie6_zps13b7c607.jpg]
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by losblanos1 (As Maryann already s...)
And I give those photos a 10+. Wow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by Mare749 (And I give those pho...)
what she said....

And, I'm trying to resist making those darn cookies.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by cjs (what she said.... [i...)
Made the chicken only and it was superb. I did add a few toasted slivered almonds to the sauce, which was nice. I love a little crunch.

Would still like to make the salad at some point. I wish someone had saved me a cookie. There is no way that I could have those sitting around the house and since Tony only works with 2 other people in the office, those guys would all probably kill me for bringing them in.

I would also be interested in another easy dish of your liking, Maryann. We have similar tastes in food I believe.
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by Trixxee (Made the chicken onl...)
Blane, what Maryann said! Awesome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Somebody's Birthday Dinner Review 9/9/2013 by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, what Maryann ...)
Great pictures, Blane! Gonna have to try those cookies one day!

The day I read Maryann's post about this, I had already made this for dinner, only I used pork tenderloin. One of the first meals I taught my boys to cook was this dish, with chicken. All these years later, it's still a go-to quick meal for them. And they've changed it up, one wants a little heat, one lots of veggies, etc, etc. This is a great recipe to start with and build. Great on it's own, too, which is how I like it.

Thanks Maryann!

PJ
PJ