Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We may have duck tacos. Made duck stock yesterday, so may make a soup, but with the weather so nice, don't really want soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
An oldie but a good C@H recipe - chicken Cutlets with spicy white beans and kale. Here is the link if anyone wants to try it. I would add way more kale than what is called for though.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2010/09/09...n-cutlets/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by Trixxee (An oldie but a good ...)
Just received my three books from Cuisine, (the most recent sale) so looking through them for ideas. I need to use some leftover rotisserie chicken.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by Mare749 (Just received my thr...)
Leftover rotisserie chicken is already cooked and can be used in almost any dish where you don't HAVE to have raw meat. I use it all the time, but never with any set recipes - it's great for improvising.

One thing I've done many times is a basic, stove-top "casserole" that's like a version of "Hamburger Helper."

Just sauté things like onions,garlic and peppers, add the meat (plus whatever spices you wish) until brown and/or reheated, add some stock (or water plus bouillon) and/or some kind of soup (or soup mix plus water) and pasta. When the pasta is just about done, if you like, you could add some milk, cream and/or cheese. Cook until the pasta is done and the soup/sauce begins to thicken, then let it stand for about five minutes to thicken a bit more. Note that the key is using just enough water/stock to cover everything when you add the pasta (since you won't be draining the pasta separately, so the liquid is intended to thicken to be your final sauce).

The basic concept is extremely versatile and flexible and works very well with leftover rotisserie chicken - especially if you add some chipotle powder to the veggies and meat while they are cooking.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by labradors (Leftover rotisserie ...)
That's why I Have LEFTOVERS...What Do I Do Now? was written.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by cjs (That's why I Have LE...)
Taco Tuesday!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by losblanos1 (Taco Tuesday!...)
Ho Ho - for us also!! Duck Tacos.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 9/10/13?? by cjs (Ho Ho - for us also!...)
After looking at that NFL recipe list, I knew I had to have chicken fried steak and gravy...MY WAY! I've got mashers and peas for sides.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.