Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie
  Re: (...)
This week's episode of The Great British Bake Off featured pies and tarts. The "show stopper" challenge was to make and use phyllo dough for "pies" such as spanakopita.

The winner of the "Star Baker" accolade for the week was Kimberley, who made a Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie that looks and sounds delicious. The judges loved it.

[Image: oa9o.png]

[Image: jdqf.png]

Would love to try this, but am not so sure about trying phyllo, yet. Perhaps I could try it with the 5-minute puff pastry, instead.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie by labradors (This week's episode ...)
That sounds good, Labs. Like you, I was nervous about using phyllo dough, but it wasn't really that bad. Can you buy it frozen? I can't imagine trying to make it myself.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie by Mare749 (That sounds good, La...)
Quote:

That sounds good, Labs. Like you, I was nervous about using phyllo dough, but it wasn't really that bad. Can you buy it frozen? I can't imagine trying to make it myself.

Frozen was available once, here - three or four years ago, but I haven't seen it since. I HAVE used it before and it was a little touchy, but not as bad as I had expected. I WOULD like to make it from scratch, some day (which IS part of the recipe, above), but just have to many other things to do right now.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm thinking the recipe could even be morphed into using the pre-made phyllo cups. I detest working with the sheets!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie by cjs (I'm thinking the rec...)
That would be a lot easier. Probably the way I would go with it. Or use the 5-minute puff pastry. For that matter, it would probably taste pretty good in plain old pie dough like a turn-over.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Butternut Squash Pie by Mare749 (That would be a lot ...)
Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.