Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Burger patties and grilled potatoes here - later I'm making a little pizza with pizza dough made from the Mozz. whey. The bread is so darn good, hopefully the pizza will be as good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having grilled "salsa-cue" sandwiches. Basically grilled chicken brushed with a mixture of half bbq sauce/half salsa. Will top with a little pepper jack, onion and avocado slices. On grilled kaiser rolls.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by Trixxee (We are having grille...)
That sounds good, Trixxee. Why have I never tried mixing BBQ sauce and salsa??? I don't use BBQ sauce very much because it's so sweet. I really have to try this.

Dinner tonight will be grilled Polish sausage (made locally and sooo good)with peppers and onions on a toasted sub.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by Mare749 (That sounds good, Tr...)
I'm the same way Maryann - bbq sauce is a little too sweet. This is a C@H recipe (perhaps a weeknight grilling book?) but basically that is the entire recipe right there.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by Trixxee (I'm the same way Mar...)
One more idea for adding to 'sweetish' BBQ sauce - mustard. I've tried grainy, Dijon, all kinds, even a little dry mustard and it's a great addition.

If you like sauerkraut, add a little juice from it - tried it one time cause I was emptying a jar and it worked!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by cjs (One more idea for ad...)
Thanks, I just love this idea because Ron loves BBQ sauce but most of the time I tell him not to put it on my portion of whatever he is cooking. I am happy with either a light rub and some olive oil, or finish with a not-too-sweet teriyaki sauce which I add chili garlic paste to.

Recently, he actually admitted that his favorite sauce was a bit too sweet, so these ideas could help a lot.

Crummy weather coming in, so probably not grilling tonight. Instead, we will do Roberto's recipe for oven roasted sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes. Always good to have a plan B.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by Mare749 (Thanks, I just love ...)
Weather is great here, so we are grilling ribs. I wish I could try the salsa idea, but I ran short on ketchup for my hot dog chili and used the last of the salsa. That turned out really good! Maybe I'll try the mustard idea! Thanks, Jean! We'll have corn and salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by Mare749 (Thanks, I just love ...)
Theresa, let us know how those salsa-ques turn out. I've had my eye on them for the longest time.
Tonight I'm going to grill some pizzas, it's been awhile.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/12/13?? by losblanos1 (Theresa, let us know...)
Wow I have not done Roberto's dish for so long and we love it!! Thanks for bringing it up, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com