T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I smoked a couple pieces of pork butt yesterday - Jaminson's "Mr. Brown" recipe so maybe a sandwich and/or a bowl of C@H's Ropa Vieja Stew.

These are the chilis sauteeing for the stew yesterday, don't know why, but I just love the sight of the peppers and the aromas?? Oh my.
[Image: Sept12PeppersforRopaViejaStew_zpscba26acd.jpg]

Also yesterday, I made flatbread out of the piza dough made from the Mozz. whey-what a winner it is! 2 more pkgs. in the freezer.
[Image: Sept12WheyFlatbread_zpsa89b63cb.jpg]

Easy day today, everything is cooked!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Isn't it amazing how tasty the bread is with the whey added? I've only done it a few times but we loved it!

Great pics. I want that wok!

We are going out with friends tonight. Just a local dive with a great fish fry.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by Mare749 (Isn't it amazing how...)
Either going out or getting something to go. New rule: no cooking on Fridays. Actually, I'd rather have a night off during the week with no cooking but Tony voted for Fridays.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by Trixxee (Either going out or ...)
Maryann, that's my AllClad "cassoulet" pan. It's so perfect for so many things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by cjs (Maryann, that's my A...)
I decided to have the leftover country fried steak from the other night. It was so good and it has been a long week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I decided to have th...)
Jean that looks fantastic! Your new pizza book must be 365 pages by now.

Theresa, is there any wiggle room for a compromise?

Tonight it's chicken fried steaks with fried onion strings and asparagus.

TGIF!!!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean that looks fant...)
I think I'm up to 6 volumes now.....but, these eBooks are a lot easier AND cheaper to do!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Anyone willing to come cook something for me? I'm too tired to think.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (Friday the 13th)Dinner 9/13/13?? by cjs (Maryann, that's my A...)
Quote:

Maryann, that's my AllClad "cassoulet" pan. It's so perfect for so many things.

Hmmm, going on the wish list I'm thinking.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."