Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

C@H's Ropa Vieja stew with spicy mashed sweet potatoes on the menu here.

Yesterday, Roy's new little friend, the produce girl at Safeway, sent home 1/2 a humungeous Porcini (King Balette) mushroom for us to try. I should have taken a picture of it ( ) so I topped a flatbread with it (plus a few clam shell mushrooms) and a little Swiss cheese. Wow, it was so good!
[Image: Sept13WheyFlatbreadwProciniClamShellshro...51015c.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Looks delicious, Jean. I need to start experimenting with more varieties of mushrooms.

Gorgeous day here, although a bit cool. What a change from a few days ago when it was 94!

I think we're going to grill/smoke some ribs today, but that could change as I'm going to the library to pick up the book that Labs recommended.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by Mare749 (Looks delicious, Jea...)
That does look delicious! Great picture.

We're cooking all new recipes today. Lunch will be skirt steak quesadillas with a bleu cheese aioli. For dinner Carylann is making Brazilian black bean soup with a side of roasted red pepper and feta hummus on toasted flatbread.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by losblanos1 (That does look delic...)
Everything sounds very good.

It's a chicken type of day. More salsa-cue sandwiches for lunch. For dinner, grilled chicken wings (well, drumettes actually) and possibly another round of that kale/white bean side dish since I still have half the kale left.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by Trixxee (Everything sounds ve...)
Jean, that looks delicious!

After a really long week, we're watching football and I'm roasting Hatch chilies for my current burger craving....quadruple chili cheeseburgers. I'm serving all sorts of cut fresh veggies on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by karyn (Jean, that looks del...)
Well I was going to make Ina's Perfect Roast Chicken with Nanny Hunter's Corn Fritters, but the day ran long with Big Sis and BIL, so it's quick Italian with meatballs and sausage and Caesar salad.

SIS and BIL were overwhelmed by Wegmans. Totally and utterly overwhelmed. We ate lunch there and then shopped. They picked up some Eggplant Rollatinis for supper, but didn't capitalize on the other prepared foods and food bars because they simply could not decide where to begin. Sis loved the Farro salad and I had the Wegmans Menu book with the recipe, so she took it with her back to other Sis' place.

At Bobby Chez's, they went straight to the counter for 6 crab cakes. They never order them in restaurants anymore because they know they're in for a disappointment.

Then we picked up a dozen ears of the last of Hunter's Farm corn for the season. They had yellow corn earlier in the summer in Scotland and it wasn't very good. BIL is in heaven!

Life is good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by BarbaraS (Well I was going to ...)
Awesome looking, Jean!

Barbara, I love hearing about their visits! It so makes me appreciate what a bounty we have!

Dinner tonight is as promised, fried catfish and fries! And don't judge, numbers were good last doctors visits! We've earned it and look forward to every orgasmic mouthful! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Awesome looking, Jea...)
I'm with Daphne, Barbara - love hearing what you all do when they are here.

Catfish & fries! Geez, why don't you just rub it in, lady? Ad then there is Karyn's dinner
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by cjs (I'm with Daphne, Bar...)
It was awesome! I gorged myself shamelessly and plan to have fish sandwiches tomorrow for lunch! OIY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/14/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (It was awesome! I g...)
www.achefsjourney.com