Two Recipe Reviews
  Re: (...)
I'm going to post the recipes for these two because they are so very tasty.

The first is from the book, 400 Calorie Fix (a book Maryann and I have and use a lot - Maryann, have you made this one yet?) - it's a nice book to choose dinner ideas from when you want to be good.

Quick Chicken Parm Bites over a Bed of Pasta
400 Cal. Fix cookbook – 4 servings
Time: 1 hour

1 lb. thick chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces (I used 12 oz. and it was plenty of pieces)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
3/4 cup panko
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. salt-free Italian seasoning (I used 1/2 T. each dried Oregano & Basil)
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups pasta sauce
2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti, kept warm
8 T. (approx. 2 oz.) grated part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Place the chicken in a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and mustard in a small bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the chicken and stir to coat all pieces.

Remove the chicken and shake off the extra egg. Place the chicken on a rack to allow excess egg to drain off.

Meanwhile, combine the panko, Parmesan cheese, seasoning and grlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag or container. Add the chicken and shake to cover all pieces. Remove the chicken, place on the baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and sizzling. (Note: mine didn’t sizzle and didn’t really get ‘nicely’ brown, but a minute under the broiler just before finishing dish took care of the color.)

Heat the pasta sauce while the chicken is cooking – that’s when I cooked the pasta also.

Serve 1/2 cup spaghetti with one-quarter of the chicken, 2 T. mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup pasta sauce.

[Image: Sept15ChixParmBitesonPasta400cal_zps99b018d4.jpg]

------------
The second one I have had in MasterCook for I don't know how long - it may have come with the program. But, it's easy, fast and make a delightful muffin.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Plum Honey Tea Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg -- beaten
3 plums -- pitted and chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in large bowl; mix well. Combine buttermilk, honey, oil and egg in small bowl; mix until blended. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in plums and walnuts.

Pour into greased 9 × 5 × 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 325ºF 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. During baking, cover top with foil after 25 minutes to prevent overbrowning.

Muffin Variation: Prepare batter as directed above. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 325ºF about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.

Source:
"The National Honey Board" - Yield: "1 loaf"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Image: Sept15PlumHoneyTeaBread_zpsa9818bd5.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Two Recipe Reviews by cjs (I'm going to post th...)
Looks and sounds awesome, Jean! I especially like the Chicken Parmesan Bites! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Two Recipe Reviews by Gourmet_Mom (Looks and sounds awe...)
Perfect for you, Daphne!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two Recipe Reviews by cjs (Perfect for you, Dap...)
No, I haven't buckled down yet, Jean. Still working on small changes. Does look like a recipe that I would make though, although I can't do the wheat pasta. Yuck.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Two Recipe Reviews by Mare749 (No, I haven't buckle...)
I used multi-grain and I don't object to it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two Recipe Reviews by cjs (I used multi-grain a...)
Would the brown rice pasta work? We liked that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Two Recipe Reviews by Gourmet_Mom (Would the brown rice...)
Any pasta will work - this is just a start for a healthier dish. Use whatever
www.achefsjourney.com