Monday Dinner, 9/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're cleaning up leftovers here - a ittle of this, a little of that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Same here. Need to use up leftovers, some soup, a few ribs, and I'll probably make a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by Mare749 (Same here. Need to u...)
Same here as well. Leftover mac & cheese, and a side of broccoli.

Tony is going to put together some chili with the leftover grilled tri tip from yesterday. Will let that sit overnight and have that tomorrow. Yeah, two nights down!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by Trixxee (Same here as well. ...)
I have been a 'canning and freezing machine' this past month. My large freezer was nearly empty and now it is completely full. I made some Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce, which I will share the recipe with all of you in another post. Along with a Ghost Pepper Pineapple Jelly that is to die for!

Anyway, with all of this canning and freezing I pulled out a turkey carcass from 6 weeks ago and started a soup this morning. Turkey Noodle Soup is on our menu.

I have been away for a while, so I am off to read a few posts. I missed everybody
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by luvnit (I have been a 'canni...)
We missed you too!! Does this mean the house hunting has been a success??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by cjs (We missed you too!! ...)
From issue #10, I'm making Steak Quesadillas with bleu cheese aioli, Maryann's birthday dinner Mexican rice and pico de gallo.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by losblanos1 (From issue #10, I'm ...)
House hunting? She just remodeled that awesome kitchen! I must have missed something!

We're having Peppered Pork Chops (a Cooking Light recipe that is grilled and has the flavor of Hot Wings, but without the sauce) served with Blue Cheese Dressing. New potatoes and green beans cooked in chicken stock for the side. That's a old Southern grandma side modernized with chicken stock instead of using streak o' lean (fat back with a little lean meat that's salt cured) and water. What's REALLY good is to do just the potatoes, take them out of the pot liquor, and fry them up in bacon fat! OH MY GOODNESS! How my grandparents lived to almost a hundred, I can only explain that they used their own pork.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (House hunting? She ...)
Quote:

House hunting? She just remodeled that awesome kitchen! I must have missed something!

Oh goodness, not ME Daphne... My DD and SIL are living in our lower level, with their little baby Since they moved from Boston in July.

They are no longer looking for a house... They found the perfect one only 16 miles away in a sweet little town. They will have a closing in mid-October.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
16 miles away - that's great, Laura!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 9/16/13?? by cjs (16 miles away - that...)
Laura, I'm so happy for you that your grandbaby will be only 16 miles away. I'm also happy for you that they won't be living in your house much longer. That gets old after a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."