Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone today??

We're having lunch in Wenatchee at my favorite little bistro (where I can indulge in escargot ) - MIssion St. Bistro. And, Sharon & Bob will be with us.

Later, Denise has a Mexican/Spanish style dinner planned and I'm going to toss a curve ball by doing the Bresaola dish I did a hundred years ago in Windsor with Billy and Lorraine (I think that was the year.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
What a great dish, Jean, and yes, it feels like a hundred years ago. The weather has turned cool, so I thawed some turkey stock. Will make a soup and cornbread, with either salad or just cut veg and dip.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I am going to Sam's Club later and I will hopefully get some steaks and some mushrooms. I plan on making Jean's steak recipe.

I will have some twice baked potatoes I made and put in the freezer about a month ago (C@H recipe for Better Twice Baked Potatoes), and a Caesar Salad should round out the meal.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by luvnit (I am going to Sam's ...)
Pictures, pictures - everyone!! And, may I use your quotes as you respond, please??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are 16 miles away! I'm so excited.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by Harborwitch (We are 16 miles away...)
Tonight it's a new recipe, Chicken Marengo with chipotle mashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's a new r...)
Cheese ravioli with Tony's marinara sauce. I think there are a couple of meatballs hiding in the sauce container. Tony and Michael can have them as I just had a bunless burger for lunch.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by Trixxee (Cheese ravioli with ...)
Don't expect to hear from the Wenatchee group tonight! LOL!

We had London Broil Tuesday night, so I made the French Onion Dip Sandwiches tonight and cleaned out the fridge veggies.

Tomorrow we are going to the mountains to see the kids. Tomorrow night will be Jean's steaks with baked or twice baked potatoes (depending on arrival time) and Caesar Salad. I will take pictures, for sure. In case our plans go well, I may be off for the weekend, so....a free trip to Grandfather Mountain and photo op of leaves changing Saturday, followed by deck time at YS's girlfriend's parents house with great view of Grandfather and a BBQ and cocktails! Exciting weekend planned! Hope the weather cooperates!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Don't expect to hear...)
Hope it turned out great for you this weekend, Daphne!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/19/13?? by cjs (Hope it turned out g...)
Sadly it was gorgeous Friday on the way up and today on the ride home will be the perfect fall day, but yesterday it rained all day!!!!! . But we did get to spend the afternoon with Aleana's parents and some fabulous food!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.