Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I picked up a couple croissants yesterday at a local bakery for breakfast and for dinner, we're having leftover pizza. Easy day - just enjoy the weather and area.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We were invited over friends for dinner. They are suppose to grill filets, but it's been raining since last night, so that may change. In any case, I'm taking hazelnut pizzelle and two bottles of red from Laurello Vineyards.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by Mare749 (We were invited over...)
We are grilling St. Louis ribs rather than the usual baby backs. Not sure what I am making for sides - I do have corn on the cob and baby greens salad stuff.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by Trixxee (We are grilling St. ...)
I'm pretty excited about tonight's dinner, Carylann is making the Ropa Viejo that everyone was talking about last week. She's also making the spicy sweet potato side, except she's using yams.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by losblanos1 (I'm pretty excited a...)
Be sure to have a bite of it all together Blane - it's just wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by cjs (Be sure to have a bi...)
Quote:

Be sure to have a bite of it all together ...

You mean kind of like THIS? ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
(Oh Good Lord!!!) kinda....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/21/13?? by cjs ((Oh Good Lord!!!) ...)
Good Grief, Labs! Where do you find this stuff?!?! LOL!

We had dinner at Aleana's parents house. Sadly, it was pouring rain. But we had a blast! Toby filled us up with steak perfectly grilled on charcoal....forgot what a difference it makes...grilled sausage, grilled corn and grilled onions! And Anitra made this incredible rice salad with dates, walnuts, pine nuts, green onions and other yummies! Must get the recipe! We all got along so well and had lots in common. It was an perfectly lovely day, in spite of the rain. They just moved the cars out of the garage, and moved patio furniture in there. The umbrella was over the grill so Toby could stay dry. That way we were able to visit all together!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.