Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . .
  Re: (...)
Swanson has new "infused broths". Our local little grocer had them on special so we tried the "Hot & Sour Soup" tonight. Being tired, and lazy, I just added mushrooms, some soba noodles, Chinese rice wine, a dash of soy, and some cornstarch mixed with some of the broth. It wasn't quite "sour" enough so I added black vinegar and apple cider. OMG - If I had just added the pork and tofu it would have been PERFECTION - otherwise I can just say HOT. There's not even a lot of bad stuff.

I also have some Thai ginger broth that I'm waiting to play with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by Harborwitch (Swanson has new "inf...)
Cool! I will have to check that out at the store. You don't sound lazy to me. You added all the best parts to the soup!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by luvnit (Cool! I will have to...)
Not lazy to work with shortcuts - and that's what on the road cooking is all about. Sounds good, will have to look for these.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by cjs (Not lazy to work wit...)
Sounds delicious to me
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by cjs (Not lazy to work wit...)
I was really astounded by this stuff. It had all the flavor right but the sour. I forgot a bit of sesame oil. Shoot. It's nice to find a product that lives up to it's hype.
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by Harborwitch (I was really astound...)
I will have to look for this - sounds good.

I guess I am lazy too - using Swanson beef broth for my pot roast sandwiches tonight.
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by Trixxee (I will have to look ...)
I looked here in Cashmere and wonder of wonders - nada
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by cjs (I looked here in Cas...)
You'll find it at Safeway - and it's on sale this week. I meant to get another one, but I forgot. I think there's a Mexican one too. Sometimes you have to look really closely in the broth/soup area.
  Re: Re: Soooooo I know it's lazy but . . . . by Harborwitch (You'll find it at Sa...)
I'll have to look for this, as well! Thanks for the tip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.