More Travels
  Re: (...)
We're in Richland, WA for a few days before heading out to check on Houseboat Don and on to Port Angeles.

First off, had to visit Cheese Louise, a cheese shop in Richland which carries the most wonderful cheese, cracker and touristy trap things. I bought some Manchego, Issabella and one we hadn’t tasted before - Brie de Meaux. But, this really caught my eye – wouldn’t it be fun in a wine cellar????

[Image: Sept27CheeseLouiseLIghtFixture_zpscbc14179.jpg]

Next stop was to one of our favorite wineries and places to stop for a bite. They make the best flatbreads and with a Caesar salad our whole day was taken care of – but the chocolate mousse was a fantastic finale.
[Image: Sept28TagarisFlatbread_zps884153bf.jpg]

[Image: Sept28TagarisChocMousse_zps3d559693.jpg]

But, we did see this in the window waiting to be taken to a customer and how could I not think of Denise………………..’nuf said.

[Image: Sept28TagarisburgerforDenise_zpsba502d8c.jpg]

The big western storm finally started Friday and we were stuck inside after we got home, but Roy didn’t seem to mind.

[Image: Sept28Royrelaxing-rainy_zps0706bf57.jpg]

Now, it is Saturday a.m. and this will be our breakfast – I could just nibble on this marinating tomato mixture by itself, but bread cubes will be added and baked. But, while we’re waiting, we’re enjoying, of all things, a flavored champagne!! Can’t believe I bought this, but it is really tasty and I’ll be picking up some more.

[Image: Sept28TomatoMixtureforbreadpudding_zps5f0d0260.jpg]

[Image: Sept28MangoChampagne_zps8cfacc0f.jpg]

----------------

O.K., now I really debated whether to post this last picture….I know, we’re spoiled, we’re spoiled, we’re SO spoiled, but we did think about it overnight!! Our new ‘toy’ for the trailer, inside and out plus it will be so fun in the courtyard at home on cool days…..all kinds of justifications went on in our decision making and we just love this!!!!!!!!

[Image: Sept28TrailerFireplace_zps11f1bcfc.jpg]

Now, I'm going off line and put my feet up in front of the 'fire' and enjoy my Mango champagne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: More Travels by cjs (We're in Richland, W...)
I want one of those but one that runs on propane And of course now I want a burger
  Re: Re: More Travels by DFen911 (I want one of those ...)
MMMM Brie de Meaux. one of my fav's! #cheeseenvy!
  Re: Re: More Travels by jodybarnett (MMMM Brie de Meaux. ...)
Just keep in mind, Denise, propane is on you...electricity is on the RV park you're staying in. That was one of the pluses we thought about.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Travels by cjs (Just keep in mind, D...)
Yeah, I would say you are just a little bit spoiled... (And, you both deserve to be)

I'm so glad you take the time to post pics and share your travels with us, Jean. It give me so much to look forward to when Ron can finally retire. You are a great teacher of how to do it well!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: More Travels by Mare749 (Yeah, I would say yo...)
Why thank you, Maryann. We certainly 'try' to enjoy ourselves!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Travels by cjs (Why thank you, Marya...)
Well we want the propane one because we have a lot of dry camping planned and the BLM sites do not offer any services So can't use an electric heater. And the one in the trailer is so darn loud then it cycles on and off.
  Re: Re: More Travels by DFen911 (Well we want the pro...)
Jean, we had one like that and used it a lot. But ours died after three winters. Although, I will add that it was used nightly those three winters.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: More Travels by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, we had one lik...)
Makes sense Denise. And, this one sure is quiet.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Travels by DFen911 (Well we want the pro...)
Denise this is what we have: Big Buddy We're heading into our 3rd winter with it. It doesn't have the ambiance of Roy & Jean's - but it is rated for RV use and has a fan. I think we got our from Amazon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!