Chocolate Pudding Review
  Re: (...)
I love chocolate pudding and especially when it includes cocoa - my favorite chocolate flavoring. Made this while we were in Richland and had a chocolate craving - super easy, fast and with the slightest bit of cayenne, snappy!

Alice Medrich's Chocolate Pudding

For more information on which chocolate to use in this recipe, see The Proof is in The Pudding. This recipe first appeared in our Jan/Feb 2013 issue along with our Saveur 100 article Alice Medrich. Saveur newletter, 2/13/13 - First made this in Richland, WA Sept. 2013. Super smooth and using the cocoa - the chocolate flavor I enjoy most.

1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
2 Tbs cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream (I used 2 cups of milk with a couple T. of powdered milk)
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs dark rum

Whisk sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a 2-qt. saucepan. Slowly add milk and cream, whisking constantly; bring to a simmer over medium heat.

Cook, while whisking, until thickened and beginning to bubble at edges, 12–15 minutes.

Add chocolate, and stir until smooth, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and rum.

Divide between six 4-oz. ramekins, cover with plastic wrap (not me, I love the ‘crust’), and chill until set, about 1½ hours. serves 6

-----------
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by cjs (I love chocolate pud...)
Copied and saved. Thanks, Jean. I love good chocolate pudding. What kind did you use for the 4 oz. of bittersweet?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by Mare749 (Copied and saved. Th...)
I used Dove dark chocolate squares. So darn good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by cjs (I used Dove dark cho...)
We need a treat once in a while. Have to make this soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by Mare749 (We need a treat once...)
Oh WOW! Copied, saved, and buying the ingredients this weekend!!!! Thanks, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by Gourmet_Mom (Oh WOW! Copied, sav...)
Oh YUM! Saving to recipe box. Chocolate pudding with a touch of cayenne OMG
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chocolate Pudding Review by farnfam (Oh YUM! Saving to re...)
[Image: Oct1ChocolatePudding_zpscc48120c.jpg]

I did a nutrition value on the pudding when I got home last night and it's not too bad - 6 servings

Cal: 203 fat: 10g

With the couple of changes I made, I'm including the variaztion in the On the Road book.
www.achefsjourney.com