New(er) Use For Soup
  Re: (...)
I wanted to make an easy slo-cooker beef dish yesterday so I had 2 dinners ready. 1 lb. some kind of beef steak (tougher kind), onion, 2 cloves garlic, s & P, and a can of cream of celery (only creamed soup I had in pantry) soup. Needed more flavor, so I drained a can of Progresso Italian soup and put it in the processor and smoothed it out and added back enough of the liquid to make a nice consistency.

Had it today with mashed potatoes (why don't I make them more often) and what great flavors. Processing the soup made for such a nicely flavored gravy. I'll be doing this again, that's for sure.

[Image: Oct3SloCookBeefandSoupGravy_zpsa0c22209.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New(er) Use For Soup by cjs (I wanted to make an ...)
Cool idea with the Italian soup addition! I can't wait to try this. I am always looking for ways to boost flavor in roast beef!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New(er) Use For Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Cool idea with the I...)
and, an easy one for your weekdays, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New(er) Use For Soup by cjs (and, an easy one for...)
Yes, I love the ones I can put together when I get home and forget about it until I'm ready to eat. This time of year it's perfect deck weather! Sitting out on the deck with some wine and enjoying the peace and quiet is just what I need to help me make it another day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.