Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am defrosting shrimp. That's all I know at the moment. I am a big fan of the bourbon shrimp dinner that came out a few volumes ago in C@H, so that might make the cut. It is rainy rainy rainy here....so perhaps some baking too!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by jodybarnett (I am defrosting shri...)
Dad is grilling me a T-bone steak
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by DFen911 (Dad is grilling me a...)
The good ole standby - Breakfast for Dinner! A swiss cheese, bacon, bacon, bacon, onion, bacon, and bacon omelet for him, a Monterey jack and guyere with onions and mushrooms omelet for me. Hash browns and bacon on the side. Yeah baby!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by BarbaraS (The good ole standby...)
Oh oh, another one of those days where everything sounds so good and I'm still undecided.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by cjs (Oh oh, another one o...)
I'm in such a mood for something with pumpkin, so am making Pumpkin Soup from Big Oven for today and Pumpkin Pie Bars for tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by Mare749 (I'm in such a mood f...)
Super simple for Tony - beer can chicken, roasted carrots and good old rice a roni. He will make a tray of enchiladas with the leftovers manana.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by Mare749 (I'm in such a mood f...)
Quote:

I'm in such a mood for something with pumpkin

Maryann, did you see the recipe for Pumpkin Gnocchi I posted on my FB? I really want to make them.

He put a rub on pork ribs last night, so will put them in the smoker today. Local cabbage is $.39 lb, so you guessed it, coleslaw, along with some local potatoes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Up in the air! We have the ingredients for chicken and rice, Chicken Piccata (finally), and steak and baby potatoes. I'll let William decide which one he's willing to make. I'm resting up today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/5/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Up in the air! We h...)
Did an old one I needed a picture of Black Beans & Goat Cheese Tacos. YUM!

[Image: Oct5BBandGoatCheeseTacoslayered_zps8d7341f5.jpg]
[Image: Oct5BBandGoatCheeseTacos_zps05dd08e7.jpg]

And, Pork shoulders are $.99/lb. so Roy brought home two nice big ones. half of one is marinating in a dry rub until tomorrow for smoked Mr. Brown's Pork and the other half will go in the crockpot for pulled pork.

Today, the crockpot is full of the frozen beef burritos and chicken - the old one we used to make. Need a pix of that one also.

We're going to have plenty of food around here that's for sure!
www.achefsjourney.com