Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Pizza here - don't know what toppings. Think I'll look thru C@H's c.d. They had some good ones, if I remember correctly.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'll describe my experiment later, once I've tried it.

Meanwhile, I must still be hungry after my oatmeal breakfast, since I finally took a look at the most recent Cuisine eRecipes (Bolognese Cavatelli and Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole) and they both sound good.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by labradors (I'll describe my exp...)
We're having pizza, too. I think I'm going to do vegetarian toppings, but I haven't decided completely yet....
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by karyn (We're having pizza, ...)
I liked the sound of both of those recipes, Labs. Will probably be trying both of them sometime. But, for today, I've got Lorraine's post for "Mt.Etna" stuck in my head, so that may be the one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by Mare749 (I liked the sound of...)
I believe Tony pulled some chicken enchiladas from the freezer. Michael will probably have 2 hot dogs.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by Trixxee (I believe Tony pulle...)
Tonight it's quarter pounders with Jean's French fries and I think that I'll make that New York crumb cake from issue #99 also.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's quarte...)
Marinating shrimp in lemon vodka and herbs to be grilled with mashers and green beans.

I took the day off so I'm lazy today, as in sitting on the couch doing nothing but watching Hell's Kitchen. My boss has been out for 2 weeks and more to come on FMLA, so my chef and I are covering her shifts with help from our part timer. Slow today so I decided to stay home. It's been wonderful......Should probably make something more interesting than grilled shrimp but I'm lazy....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by pjcooks (Marinating shrimp in...)
Jean go for a Mexican Pizza

No clue for me. I took some chicken out, but not feeling very motivated. Got a case of the blah's.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by DFen911 (Jean go for a Mexica...)
Hey PJ, you just slob around all day and no guilt trip!! Enjoy.

Went light with the pizza - just sauteed mushrooms and onoins and used the last of my homemade mozz.

Blane, I have to stay away from those darn fries or we'll get tired of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/14/13?? by cjs (Hey PJ, you just slo...)
PJ, I agree with Jean. Just kick back and enjoy your whole day any way you want to! If I had your schedule, I wouldn't even be cooking today. Somebody would be bringing home take-out...

Duh, I forgot to post this. Got what we needed and preparing to cook "Mt. Etna" for dinner. Yum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."