Eggplant idea For Cis (and all)
  Re: (...)
My S&BIL are travelling through Sicily. She described a dish they had at their B&B, that I thought eggplant lovers might find interesting, and fun. Here is where they are:

He has always wanted to visit Il Parco Della Madonie, which is a regional national park. It includes the Madonie Mountain Range, and some of the highest ranges in Sicily. The park has six mountains that are over 1500 meters and many more that are over 1000 meters. The highest is Pizzo Cabonara at 1979 meters, second in height to Mt. Etna. As well as being a nature reserve the park is an inhabited area with dozens of little villages and small towns that trace their origins to medieval times. We were headed for a little town called Petralia Soprano, where Joe found a B&B online that sounded interesting. esting, and fun.

Here is the dish that the owner of the B&B (also the Chef) made:

The prima was Pasta a la Norma. Normally this is pasta with eggplant in a tomato sauce, but Diego took it to another level. His interpretation: he laid out grilled eggplant slices side by side overlapping in a circle, put a mound of orechetti (little ears) in a tomato sauce in the middle, brought the eggplant slices up to cover the pasta, still shaped like a mound, and looking like......Mt. Etna.......he then sprinkled it with cheese, and topped it with a large sprig of basil. He sliced through the mound, and ran some sauce down the incision, making it look like, lava running down.....Etna. Brilliant, and sooooo gooooood!!! Must try that on guests one day. But.......yes there is a but......I'm starting to get full here, and I did not eat all of my share of Etna.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by Lorraine (My S&BIL are travell...)
That sounds delicious! I wonder if there are any photos of it anywhere.
  Re: Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by karyn (That sounds deliciou...)
That's what I was hoping for, too, Karyn!! Thanks Lorraine, that looks like a fun one to make.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by cjs (That's what I was ho...)
We love eggplant, especially when it's grilled. I will be making this very soon and will take a pic of my creation.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by Mare749 (We love eggplant, es...)
Sounds delish! I would love to give it a try. Can't wait to see your pix, Maryann
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by farnfam (Sounds delish! [img]...)
Hopefully, I'll have her picture tomorrow. I always thought I didn't much care for eggplant, but he's been cooking a lot of it lately, and I've decided I love it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Eggplant idea For Cis (and all) by Lorraine (Hopefully, I'll have...)
That sounds really interesting. I'll be interested to see the pictures and hearing how it turns out for everyone.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.