Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Today's my baby's (youngest) b'day.... should make something in his honor.

But, this is my agenda today, so maybe not.
from 1 can of Pillsbury biscuits:
pumpkin doughnuts
meatball beirox
sandwich rolls
----
rice made with the reconstituted liquid from dried mushrooms. (oh for some shanks or short ribs and make risotto..... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to actually try to cook dinner. Maryann - we took your suggestion of the knee scooter and came up with a similar idea. Tony bought a basic office chair on wheels yesterday that is compact enough to get around easily and I will use that to rest my knee on and use my other leg to propel me to scoot around. He put it together last night and plan on heading downstairs later to try it.

Going with something easy - chicken piccata, couscous and roasted carrots.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by Trixxee (I'm going to actuall...)
Now that's a really smart idea, Trixxee! At least it will give you a bit of freedom, even if it's just for a short time. Just don't forget to elevate your leg as soon as you are done and let someone else do the dishes.

We were going to smoke some ribs but it sure looks like rain here, so maybe not. Might have to be turkey club sandwiches tonight and a cup of tomato soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by Mare749 (Now that's a really ...)
Well now, look what a neighbor just brought over that he and his son caught yesterday - Coho salmon steaks.

[Image: Oct15Salmonsteaksfromron_zps21505575.jpg]

I had to have some tests done today, so screwed up my cooking schedule. We had from the freezer l/0s of the Ropa Vieja Stew with Sweet Potatoes. This is such a wonderful dish!!

[Image: Oct15RopaVeijaStewwSwttatosCatH_zps26f926bf.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by cjs (Well now, look what ...)
William was surveying IN the yacht basin today next door to the fish house when the shrimp boat pulled in. I don't know if it was the convenience of it or the fact that he was working UNDER the deck of a seafood restaurant and the smell got to him, but he texted he had 3 pounds of shrimp!!!!!! Low Country Boil tonight!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (William was surveyin...)
You really know how to hurt a person, Daphne!!1 Enjoy!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by cjs (You really know how ...)
Look who's talking with those gorgeous salmon steaks!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Look who's talking w...)
I hope you both enjoyed seafood feasts! We had Reuben sandwiches and a shredded Brussels sprout salad. The sandwiches were good, but the salad was a bit of a disappointment. Does anyone have any good raw Brussels sprout recipes? I can't stand them cooked unless the flavor is hidden under lots of bacon and garlic, but I've had some amazing salads recently.

I'm looking forward to some good Florida seafood over the next few days. We're headed to Daytona tomorrow after work (we'll spend the night in Dublin on our way south). I am so ready for some time off and amazing people watching at Biketoberfest! Needless to say, I'll be AWOL for the rest of the week. I hope its a good one for all of you.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by karyn (I hope you both enjo...)
Have a great time in Daytona, Karyn! Drive safely and stay safe!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 10/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have a great time in...)
I did make a b. sprouts salad a while back that we both enjoyed...will look for it. Have a fun few days on your holiday, Karyan!!
www.achefsjourney.com