Traveling . . . again
  Re: (...)
Well . . . we hit the road Saturday AM. We'll go as far as we can and then spend the night wherever we land. Sunday we'll arrive in Leggett, Monday we do training, Tuesday we start working. Whew.

It's been a rough week so far, my back has gone to he!! again and I'm hoping it will square itself away. There's still a lot to do to get ready . . . no cooking for me until Saturday and even that's sketchy. Minimum effort for a few days will hopefully get my back back in shape. I am going to talk to a DR about a TENS unit when we get settled. I can't imagine working all winter like this.

I'll check in along the road.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Traveling . . . again by Harborwitch (Well . . . we hit th...)
Good luck and safe trip, Sharon & Bob. We'll be looking for the trip journals.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by cjs (Good luck and safe t...)
It does sound like a rough week, Sharon. Take care and drive safely. Hope you love your new home. Would love to see pics when you get settled.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by Mare749 (It does sound like a...)
I post pictures on the way. I have to go in to Walmart this am (Gawd I freakin' hate that store!). I bought new glasses last year and I've had nothing but trouble with them; they need constant alignment, one of the lenses lost it's coating and had to be remade, the nose pads kept falling off, the alignment would go out so bad I couldn't see.

2 weeks ago I went in because the coating (Color) on the frames was coming off. I reminded the gal about all the above problems and that I was going to be gone for 5 months and afraid that I wouldn't be able to get the glasses re-aligned or fixed. She picked a new frame, fitted them, told me they'd be here Tuesday. Tuesday we stopped in, no ... they hadn't gotten their shipment. I called yesterday ... WTH - the order hadn't even been placed! . Today she will fit me with new frames and order the new glasses and ***** them to me. Grrrrrrr I wish I never had to go there again!
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by Harborwitch (I post pictures on t...)
Good luck, Sharon and Bob! And safe travels! Leggett where? I must have missed that?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck, Sharon an...)
Leggett CA Daphne. There are two privately owned stands of ancient redwoods in CA - this park is one of them. I am so excited to be under big trees.
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by Harborwitch (Leggett CA Daphne. ...)
And, no stockyards!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by cjs (And, no stockyards!!...)
Safe travels, Sharon. Hope the glasses work out fine after all that #%€
"Under big trees" sounds awesome
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by farnfam (Safe travels, Sharon...)
Sorry for all the trouble with the glasses! Safe travels....
  Re: Re: Traveling . . . again by Trixxee (Sorry for all the tr...)
I love my big trees! Sounds lovely!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.