Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

Run around day for us, so not sure what we'll do. We're going to a dinner party tomorrow and I'm making an Amuse-Bouche (kind of - 2 bites instead of 1) Mussels & Clams in Black Bean Sauce. Need some 18 hour bread to serve along with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
We have a one more small package of some delicious italian sausage with goat cheese in the freezer that Tony will add to a orecchiette/broccoli dish. Baby greens salad on the side.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
That sounds really good, Jean!

It's cool and wet here, so I think Vegetable Soup with Croque Monsieur, using up my ham leftover from last Sunday, will be perfect! If William brings home something, this will be even better tomorrow. Although, I doubt he will. He's busy with his second deer of the season and has no help for processing this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds really g...)
I'm making the B'day dinner today. Petite sirloins with gingered tomato chutney, Dijon potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the B'day...)
Leeks with Salt and Pepper Shrimp, turning up the heat on this one this time
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by farnfam (Leeks with Salt and ...)
It's cold and rainy here and neither one of us feels like going out. So, I went through what I had on hand and decided to make two pizzas, using Jean's herbed pizza dough.

The first one will have alfredo sauce, shrimp, green onions, and grape tomatoes. The second one will have a homemade sauce that is made with a small can of tomato paste, water, lots of sauteed garlic, onions, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. That one will be topped with mushrooms, salami, and fontina cheese. I will take the l/os with me to Holly's house tomorrow and cut them into little appys.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/19/13?? by Mare749 (It's cold and rainy ...)
Finally a day of calm and being home all day so decided to do collard greens, fried chicken and corn bread Soul food Saturday!