Vegetable Soup
  Re: (...)
I have this lovely ham bone and I plan to make soup with it. I know the basics of making a good vegetable soup, but I thought I'd see what you guys have in your favorites files.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Vegetable Soup by Gourmet_Mom (I have this lovely h...)
Clean out the fridge soup Add some cooked alphabet pasta last thing
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by farnfam (Clean out the fridge...)
or fideo
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by cjs (or fideo...)
I add whatever vegetables are on hand, fresh and frozen, and whatever tiny pasta I have. Those little baby shells are nice. With a ham broth, I love to add canned beans, rinsed and drained.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by Mare749 (I add whatever veget...)
I use Vegis in the fridge and freezer. To begin I fry some pancetta in olive oil, add water, bring to a boil and add a Parmesan rind, boil unti it begins to dissolve and string Add Vegis and chopped fennel bulb. I like navy beans for their size. Finish with some pesto. Voila! Minestrone !!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by Mare749 (I add whatever veget...)
Quote:

With a ham broth, I love to add canned beans,

If I have the time, it's baby limas for me.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
BE SURE TO ADD A PARM RIND IF YOU HAVE IT - AND IT YOU DON'T WHY DO YOU NOT SAVE THEM?????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by cjs (BE SURE TO ADD A PAR...)
Almost forgot the rind! The hunter is home so I threw it in and will let it simmer a bit more and then will add the pasta. House smells so good!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Almost forgot the ri...)
Glad Bill mentioned the rind! I totally forgot! I had a note to remember it on my grocery list. Not helpful! LOL! It sent it over the top! Thanks for all the input you guys! Especially, Bill and Jean!

I'm going to freeze the leftovers for next weekend. Not nearly as cool today as I expected, but next weekend will be.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Vegetable Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Glad Bill mentioned ...)
That sounds so good. I know what I want for dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!