Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Our new friend is having another dinner party tonight - Cuban, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm doing something with mussels & clams. Had to go another direction since no fermented black beans to be had in this neighborhood!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chinese food tonight, almond chicken, pork fried rice and char siu (Chinese BBQ pork) that I'm going to grill.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by losblanos1 (Chinese food tonight...)
I love char siu.

We are having grilled steak tacos and mexican rice.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Trixxee (I love char siu.[br]...)
We're doing burgers and baby red potatoes. Nice cool fall afternoon for grilling!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're doing burgers ...)
I cut up potatoes, carrots, onions, crookneck squash and put them in the crockpot with thyme and parsley, two big old chicken breasts, and a lemon. (had to use up the veggies before we hit CA) The crockpot is in the sink simmering away and dinner should be ready when we get to the Redwoods. It sure smells good in here - we have a nice bottle of wine in the fridge to go with. Meatball is 60 miles away . . . . still a ways to go.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Harborwitch (I cut up potatoes, c...)
Sharon, I'm curious about your comment that you had to use up your veggies before hitting CA. Why?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I'm curious ...)
Border stops - CA has so many bugs/pest that they don't want anymore coming into the state.

But, they are so lax now, that we don't even bother about it anymore and just tell them all our produce is grocery store stuff and they're happy.

When I was a kid tho, my grandmother insisted on sending fruit from the family's orchard to California with us for the summer and every year we'd stand eat as many of the things as we could without puking.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by cjs (Border stops - CA ha...)
That's what I figured. But I wasn't sure. Makes sense.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's what I figure...)
We have had to do that on flights to HI since they basically stopped serving meals and everyone brings their own food. You can bring fruit on but can't take it off.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/20/13?? by Trixxee (We have had to do th...)
If only they had border stops to keep certain things from coming OUT of California. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?