Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today??

Fridge is completely empty, so have no ideas yet.

Had a wonderful time at the diner party last night...pictures later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Tonight I am making spaghetti but with a spaghetti squash I stead of pasta
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by DFen911 (Tonight I am making ...)
ETA: Jean I saw your pix on FB, what an outstanding menu. Everything looked so professional and delicious.

I was going to make the B'day dinner Saturday, but ended up making a burger instead, Carylann was at her daughters house, teaching her how to cook the chicken cutlet recipe and because I want her feedback, I pushed the B'day dinner to tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by losblanos1 (ETA: Jean I saw your...)
Ron is grilling/smoking some chicken thighs that we didn't cook the other day due to rain. I'm steaming jasmine rice and also fresh broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by Mare749 (Ron is grilling/smok...)
I seem to constantly be playing catch up with school work, so dinner is simple...Sausage and Rice with peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I seem to constantly...)
Spouseless for the next few nights but Tony set me up with leftover portions. Tonight it's that orechiette/broccoli/sausage dish he made on Saturday.

Michael is having hot dogs.
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by DFen911 (Tonight I am making ...)
Quote:

Tonight I am making spaghetti but with a spaghetti squash I stead of pasta

I'm cooking spaghetti squash for Cincinnati Chili tomorrow night. John will have pasta, but I've got to lose a few pounds before the holidays kick in! We have spent too much time having fun recently.

Tonight's dinner was Chicken Tortilla Soup. I always love that stuff.
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had beef fajitas and black beans. The pico was hot and delicious. I still have not solved Guatamalan black beans.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by Old Bay (We had beef fajitas ...)
Hey Bill, try emailing or calling the restaurant. I've always had pretty good luck when I've done that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, Monday, What's for Dinner, 10/21/13?? by Trixxee (Spouseless for the n...)
Trixie I dedicated last night's dinner to you.

We didn't eat our wonderful "crockpot screw the border guard dinner" Sunday night. It was 10:30 when we got here, and by the time we were hooked up to water and electric we just had a martini and some chips so I bagged and refrigerated the chicken. The veggies were a miserable mess.

Last night I shredded a bunch of the chicken, cooked a box of au gratin potatoes on on the stove and added the chicken, buffalo sauce, and a can of Fiesta corn. Then baked it with some extra cheese on top for a few. Nice. We cleaned it up!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!