Flavor Help
  Re: (...)
So we have guests coming this weekend and I am stumped.

One night I am doing a balsamic glazed grilled pork tenderloin with a creamy polenta. I want to do a harvest salad with goat cheese, apples and pecans but cannot think of a dressing to use that will go with the balsamic on the pork, and not make the glaze taste sour to too sweet as it's a reduction glaze. I originally do this salad with a balsamic vinaigrette but thought that would be overkill on balsamic.

I need ideas please
  Re: Flavor Help by DFen911 (So we have guests co...)
What about a poppy seed vinaigrette?
My first thought is a very light vinaigrette using rice vinegar, oil and dry mustard (and maybe some onion). Mustardy flavors go well with balsamic flavors.

maybe a hazelnut oil??

Your dinner sounds so good! I've been out of polenta/cornmeal for so long I finally picked some up last week and now I'm so anxious to have polenta!!! You're making me hungry.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by cjs (My first thought is ...)
Dijon vinaigrette or maybe a honey-mustard vinaigrette. Is this recipe from issue 65? I think I'll have to make this and do the grilled grapes with the lemon-honey sauce.
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by cjs (My first thought is ...)
My first thought was what Jean suggested.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by Lorraine (My first thought was...)
I love great minds...................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by cjs (I love great minds.....)
Use a plum/prune glaze on the pork and use the balsamic on the salad, but with figs, instead of apples.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Maple! One of our most popular dressings, especially at harvest time. And what better to go with apples and pecans, or walnuts, for that matter. Sounds like a fun dinner! Maybe a good cheddar instead of the goat cheese? The New Englander is coming out in me!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by pjcooks (Maple! One of our m...)
There's a salad I made way too much last fall, and have been craving since... Autumn Chopped Salad. It does use balsamic vinegar, but cuts it with commercial poppy seed dressing. It might work really well with your pork and polenta.

If you don't want to try it for your dinner, you should try it another time. It's delicious!
  Re: Re: Flavor Help by karyn (There's a salad I ma...)
Thank you guys!! I love the idea of something with a bit of mustard. And I just happen to have 2 jars of really nice mustard I've been wanting to use. Now might be the time to crack one open