T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Making pizza here with the leftover chicken Carinci - it's been a long time since we've had pizza...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have guests coming so gonna be a simple dinner since not sure what time they will arrive. So doing the continental burger from the Burger Project and roasted Caesar potato salad
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by DFen911 (We have guests comin...)
Cook's night off here! Hubby tried to get me to do soups and sammies, but I kept saying NO. If it can't be reheated in the microwave or the toaster oven, it aint going to get made.

I see creamed spinach on the daily specials for Bobby Chez so I'm picking me up some of that and a chicken pot pie. Oh yeah!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by BarbaraS (Cook's night off her...)
Mmmm chicken pot pie
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by farnfam (Mmmm chicken pot pie...)
We might do tomato soup and grilled cheese tonight. Sounds good to me at least.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by Mare749 (We might do tomato s...)
It's a work day for us, so it will be clean out the fridge, and heat anything I find.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by Lorraine (It's a work day for ...)
I think Tony is making salisbury steak and a big salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by Trixxee (I think Tony is maki...)
Tony's home! Family's happy!

Forgot to add - lazy day here,too. I'm making a large pizza so we can have a couple slices later, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by cjs (Tony's home! Family'...)
I received issue # 102 yesterday and took it to work today so that I could study it. There are some pretty good looking recipes, in fact I was going to make a dish called Steak de Burgo w/ mushrooms from it, but Safeway did not have beef tenderloin. So tonight it's rosemary chicken with grapes and bleu cheese, potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/25/13?? by losblanos1 (I received issue # 1...)
I hope mine comes soon - I will be able to cook some things from this one - the book will be done and I won't be so crunched for cooking!!!

My, the Chicken Carinci was excellent today. I was a very smart cookie this time - I cut the pizza in half and put it away and we only had 2 slices each. Plenty...we just eat to darn much of a good thing.

[Image: Oct25CarinciPIzza_zpsb6a4b2f4.jpg]

I had about a cup of the jus from cooking the chicken and reduced it to about 1/3 of a cup. smeared some on the crust and topped with:
5 oz. MOzz
2 oz. smoked gouda
2 oz. cheddar
~1 cup chicken
1/3 cup minced red onions
jalapeno slices
1 oz. Asiago
drizzled the rest of the jus over and baked. It was very very good!
www.achefsjourney.com