Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Had our fill of clams yesterday....today will be chili and Burr's cornbread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Good old fashioned roasted chicken with gravy, stuffing (has to be Stove Top), a can of niblets, and I'm hoping Tony will be in the mood for mashed potatoes as well - I will need help with that because I don't think manipulating and draining a pot of boiling potatoes while sitting on an office chair will be smart.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by Trixxee (Good old fashioned r...)
In the interest of using up stuff I have sitting in my fridge, we're going to have Spicy Taco Mac & Cheese. If it's a keeper, I'll let you know.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by karyn (In the interest of u...)
I ended up grilling steaks last night, so tonight will be the skirt steak quesadillas.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Finally at home to make dinner! Trying the new CI's pork rib roast, cooked like a prime rib. 1:actually found the roast with bones, never have before! and 2: he didn't blink an eye when I asked him to remove them and tie them on. Guess I'm not the first one to ask! In the oven now. Made the beurre rouge, too, as it's so stable. Steak fries are chilling after first blanch and green beans are ready to go. Gingerbread for dessert.

Anxious to see how the pork is, an interesting way to cook it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by pjcooks (Finally at home to m...)
and, you will report back, PJ.... ?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by cjs (and, you will report...)
I'm doing the Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Skins someone mentioned the other day. Karyn maybe? I'll report back.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by cjs (and, you will report...)
Absolutly, Jean. Too new a technique not to!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by pjcooks (Absolutly, Jean. To...)
I just realized, this recipe was one I found on Pinterest the other day when I found the Pizza Oven. Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Skins
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/27/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I just realized, thi...)
Thanks, Daphne, that looks great!

The pork was beautiful. Juicy, flavorful, CI hit the nail on the head with this one! Now I have to go clean upSmile
PJ