For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered
  Re: (...)
Sriracha may be in short supply clikety
  Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Cubangirl (Sriracha may be in s...)
I've been following this on the news. I sure can imagine how the aroma could/would bother some folks. I was talking to a gal whose family makes salsa products in Oregon and she says the aroma when they are processing is really strong. Imagine Sriracha......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by cjs (I've been following ...)
Local Houston news reported today that local Texas community has offered tax incentives and other assistance to move there. Never tried it, but Bon Apetit says it is the best hot sauce available, what the criteria is I have no idea.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Old Bay (Local Houston news r...)
You have not used Sriracha? It's very hot and I use it sparingly, but love the flavor.

Maybe the owner will take advantage of Texas or maybe go to Hatch, N.M. That would get the air going with both there!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by cjs (You have not used Sr...)
Bill, you've never tried it? Seriously? WOW! I agree with Jean. Maybe they will take advantage of the Texas offer. The only thing is the time and money he and his farmer has put into developing the peppers. It would probably take a few years for them to reproduce that pepper....considering soil and water differences?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, you've never t...)
I do not do a lot of oriental flavores, but I think I will try this one. Will let you know my opinion.
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, you've never t...)
True, Bill. I consider Sriracha to be one of those never-turn-back ingredients - not necessarily that you'll never use Tabasco, Crystal, et al, again, but that if you like this kind of thing, you'll never want to be without Sriracha again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by labradors (True, Bill. I consi...)
And I'm not a heat fanatic. But I have certain hot things I do like, and those hot flavors vary. Tonight is a perfect example. While I LOVE my fried chicken with Texas Pete, my hot wings were not NEARLY as good tonight, tossed with butter and Texas Pete as it would have been with Frank's Red Hot Sauce (not Wing Sauce). This stuff is equally as good, and has it's own flavor profile.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Gourmet_Mom (And I'm not a heat f...)
Bill I have to preface this with - we love HOT. When we were in ND Sriracha was $9.00 for a bottle that is $3 and change in CA. I paid the price because it is unmistakable. Bob and I are dying to screw up our courage and use Sriracha and Clamato for Bloody Mary's.

Hmmmmm - wonder if WA could lure them up there? It would sure counteract the rotten potato (from the processing plants) and the cows in a wonderful way.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: For heat loving folks-Sriracha supply endangered by Harborwitch (Bill I have to prefa...)
I will try this. I am a cayenne guy and love crystal and Texas Pete. I love jerk,sweet fruity habeneros, chipotles in adobo, and mild jalapeƱos because I love the flavor and texture so much that I want a lot! I think this new sauce will add a new demension.