Semi-AWOL
  Re: (...)
My father's health with Parkinson's Syndrome has not been good and I had already changed my late-November trip to Guatemala so that I'd visit my parents, instead.

In the last few days, however, he has been getting worse - not eating and even having difficulty with water.

So, just in case, I have changed my flight to this Monday, but still kept my original return date of Dec 5. My doctor friend (who owns Mimosa's brother and who gave Mimosa to me in the first place) will watch Mimosa at his place while I"m gone.

I'll check into the forum once in a while, but nowhere near as frequently as usual.

Please pray for my dad's health, my mom's strength and my safe travel.

Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Semi-AWOL by labradors (My father's health w...)
He's gone and is with the Lord, now.

At this point, with the way things work down here, I'm just going to keep the same, Monday flight, but will probably still stay until after Thanksgiving.
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by labradors (He's gone and is wit...)
Oh Labs, I'm so sorry you didn't make it home in time, but I'm sure he knew you were trying to get there. Thank God your mom will have you for support thru the first days and weeks of being without him.

I'm so sorry for your loss. And, safe travels!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by cjs (Oh Labs, I'm so sorr...)
Labs I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had words of comfort. I am keeping you all in my thoughts.
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by DFen911 (Labs I am so sorry f...)
Thank you all. Yes, it is rough and it is sad, but we "sorrow not, even as others which have no hope," for we DO know the hope that we have and it is not "hope" in the sense of "gee, I hope so," but in the sense of "there IS hope."
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by labradors (Thank you all. Yes,...)
I am sorry for the loss of your father.
I know you will have the peace and strength for your Mom and family
Be safe in your flight. We hold your family in prayer.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by labradors (Thank you all. Yes,...)
Labs Bob and I are so very sorry for your loss of your father and your family's loss. Our prayers will be with you all.

Your Dad knew you were coming home . . . he knew you would be there to give strength to your Mom and knew it would be ok. Parkinsons is such a trial for all and somehow there is such a sense of release for the patient that gives comfort to the family - as hard as it is to let go of a parent it is comforting to know that they are no longer suffering in the horrible prison that Parkinsons is. Hugs.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by Harborwitch (Labs Bob and I are s...)
Labs, I am so sorry for your loss! Please know that you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by karyn (Labs, I am so sorry ...)
Oh Labs, I am so saddened to learn this. I am so glad to know you will be there for your mother at this difficult time. You and your mother will be in my prayers through this difficult time. Safe travels!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Semi-AWOL by karyn (Labs, I am so sorry ...)
Labs, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I know it must be heartbreaking for you, to know you were on your way but didn't quite make it. I'm sure he knew, though. I know your faith will help get you, and your mother, through this. God bless.

PJ
PJ